List Building suggestions?

Mort

Greetings fellow Arcanists!! I am going to willingly join in a juicy local tournament and get my butt kicked.

However, I would like to hear suggestions from folks about building a 30ss list.

I don't know who my opponents will be, so the list must not really be slanted against a specific faction.

I own one of every Arcanist blister currently in production. I do own two packs of Arachnids. Most of them are painted and ready to go!

I don't really have a Master preference: I like all three very, very much. :)

So - if you were in my shoes - what would you look at spending your 30ss on, knowing that any of the other factions could be on your plate?

Thanks for any suggestions you might toss out. :)

-Mort

Ones i like

rasputina,

4 hoarcat prides,

sabertusk

wendigo

or

Ramos

6 steam arachnids ( if you want 3 or 6 in a swarm its fine also)

brass arachnid

steamborg ( I love the moddle and your oppents to dent to concentrate on killing it. but if you want more SS or prefer joss you can take him.)

I dont know about marcus as i have not played with him.

Thanks for the response, Monkey!

I like your list suggestions, but at least one of them I don't have the minis for, and won't have them in time for the tourny. :(

Here's the list I was toying with, and am curious if anyone might have any comments?

Rasputina

Essence of Power Totem

Sabertooth Cerberus

Hoar Cat Pride

Moleman

3x Ice Gamin

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Mort

Hey Mort, so strange to see you asking for list building tips. It's been awhile since the days of the Rackham board.

Anyhoo... The Rasputina list looks okay, though I would be tempted to drop that single Hoarcat pride. One isn't really going to be that effective by itself. They are best when you have a couple that can be near each other. I don't recall points costs right now, but I'd be tempted to drop the Moleman and Hoarcat pride for the Ice Golem. Or buy 2 more blisters of Hoarcats. :)

Hey Mort, so strange to see you asking for list building tips. It's been awhile since the days of the Rackham board.

Hey, we're all new at some point in time to all the games we play, my friend! :)

When Helldorado gets back up on its feet, you can rest assured I'll be bugging you about some building tips for "The Lost", too! ;)

Anyhoo... The Rasputina list looks okay, though I would be tempted to drop that single Hoarcat pride. One isn't really going to be that effective by itself. They are best when you have a couple that can be near each other. I don't recall points costs right now, but I'd be tempted to drop the Moleman and Hoarcat pride for the Ice Golem. Or buy 2 more blisters of Hoarcats. :)

Good point. My list idea came from what I have available to me, minis-wise.

The Moleman and the Hoarcat Pride are 8 points, while the Golem is 9. So I'm a point short... unless, of course, I dump the totem.

Now, it's possible I could have another Hoar Cat pride... to put it in, though, I'd have to drop the Moleman and the Totem. Does that seem a better route, if I can score a 2nd Pride in the next couple days?

The totem just seems incredibly awesome for 2 pts.

Thanks Bret!

-Mort

I agree w/ Breten that 3 prides is a lot better than 2.

One pride we know is kind of blah because they can't eat bigger models.

With two prides, you solve that issue, but they become big targets. A wise opponent will concentrate on killing one pride and then you're back to blah.

With three prides, he has to kill two to make them blah. This is much more work and you're sure to get in some good devouring while he's working on it so that your investment pays off.

Now, two prides can be enough IF you can keep them alive a while. So the question then becomes: do you have a plan to do this?

If yes, go ahead and take two. If no, then you have a tough choice to make.