Terror Tot question...

Slinkdawg

Total noob question, I just played my first game of Malifaux w/the Lilith starter.

When you use the sprint spell on terror tots, it gets to move Wk for each :malimasks. Does the :malimasks from the tot's Ca count?

Seems like it would not be worth casting the spell unless you got at least 2 movements out of it. Otherwise you could use that ability point to walk.

p.s. I introduced Ramos to the Mature Nephilim and took him down in the end, so it did not make much difference in the game.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick answer. Another rules question solved with an intuitive answer...

My opponent and I were both brand new, and had no clue what we were doing. I was a bit confused w/ the grey versus black masks, but that makes sense.

The black and gray suits are simply a play aid: grayed suits means that the model has that suit in the appropriate stat. (i.e. Rasputina has a :malitomes in her cast, so in any spell requiring a :malitomes, one of the :malitomes would be grayed out in the spell casting cost.)

Hope that wasn't too confusing... ;)

Another example would be the (1) Grow spell on the Terror Tot. It requires a 14 with 2 Masks. If you didn't have a Mask in your CA stat, you would not be able to cast it at all. It means that the card you flip has to contain a Mask in the total.

So you can't cheat on the grow flip to put a mask it the casting? I am confused as we have been cheating on these sort of flips as the book say you can only cheat in duels but spells like these are considered self duels. I wouldn't be too disappointed if this was the case as it would considerably tone down the ortegas ram suit jerkfest.