So this is what I've got.....

warlorddawg

Here's what I've got:

McMourning Starter Box

2 extra nurses (didn't know about the rarety until I had them painted) :o:

1 extra flesh golem

3 Reaper Zombie hounds (proxy for canine remains)

We generally play 30 SS games.

So far I've tried:

Stater Box + Extra Flesh

Starter Box + 3 Canine remains

Haven't played alot and I'm open suggestions, I've considered:

• The either one two Res Starter Boxes
  • Maybe just some of the models from the other starter boxes brought seperately
  • NeoPunks
  • I'd add outcasts, but have NO idea where to start

However I expand, I'd like to be able to use what I've already got.

Any insight would be helpful.

You could consider getting the Nico starter set. Mort works fairly well with McM and the Punk Zombies are very good CC troops. Rotten Belles generally work well with McM, but they are not effective in all situations or against all troops. When you hit those situation and troops, they tend to fail big time.

Another vote for Convict Gunslinger, Belles, and Punk Zombies (and probably in that order). The convict gunslinger is just stupid useful for ressers, think of belles are ridiculous threat range extenders, and punk zombies are cheap ridiculously good melee and can seriously explodinate lower defense models with a combination of slice and dice and self mutilation. :)

I suggest Punk Zombies for him, because they are mean mean machines, especially if they get the charge off. With Nurses, they can become ungodly fast and strong, and you can probably guarantee a high damage flip with them combined with the Nurses. Basically, you let them get damaged, McM can heal them, or the turn you send them in, use the Stimulants and Speed and they can shish-kabab anything they reach at those crazy high stats with good speed on the charge.

Punk Zombies are very good, but I am not sure that using nurses on them is that great of an idea in most cases. They are 5 Stone models after all. I'd only drug them up if I was sure that there drugged up rampage would take out a model of at least that many point as well.

I do think the Nico starter is a good addition. Nico himself is fun, Mort is both a decent ranged combat guy and good in close combat(especially if you have a few nice high crows in your hand). And the Punk Zombies are monsters close combat models.

Nico Starter, Seamus Starter, Necropunks, and the Convict Gunslinger are on your "to-buy" list. In any order really, though i'd probably go for the Nico starter first - the Punk Zombies work great as swaps for the Nurses.

McMourning's starter irritates the hell out of me because of the Nurses. It was fairly obviously designed for aesthetic rather than playability. The mad scientist, his assistant, his 2 nurses, and his creation makes for a great theme... but 3 high value models with 2 support models that kill whatever they buff makes for a crappy game.

Khail: Do you like the Necropunks? I bought a blister, but haven't put them together yet. They seem fun, but not that inspiring.

Necropunks are fun and useful, but uninspiring on their own. It's worth taking them instead of Punk Zombies if you're fielding Nurses.

Necropunks are sufficiently scary with Speed and Stimulants, and cheap enough that you don't really care. Stiming up a Punk Zombie is usually overkill for anything except the toughest models, and Necropunks more or less hit the sweet spot of decent in melee and cheap as dirt.

Plus, if you've got a Moderate or higher Mask in your hand, their threat range is great... Jump 7", charge 7", reactivate and flurry. That will kill most non-tanks or masters. If they decide to kill the Necropunk so he can't reactivate an flurry, he's got hard to kill so it takes at least 2 shots, and then slow to die so he gets at least one more strike anyway. Plus they're wasting effort killing a model that's already doomed, so it's a win/win.

TL;DR version: Necropunks are great if you're taking Nurses. Punk Zombies if you want self sufficient. Necropunks without Nurses are "ok".

Personally, while I love the Samurai Punks, I think Nercopunks are a much better fit for McM. They're fun, they're fast, and they're the kinds of twisted little bastards I can totally see McM sitting in the basement building on a rainy night.

As others have said, the Convict Gunslinger is a really nice model in pretty much any list, and at 6 stones for a mercenary hire, he's not too pricey, either. He'll add a bit of range to your list, Gunfighter lets him pack the same :mali+fate punch in melee duels, and Suppression Fire is a great way to force your opponent to burn through cards if they want to do anything mroe than just stand there.

Honestly, pick up whatever models look cool to you. If you're looking for something more specific, then we can give you better recommendations. if you asked for a shooty model, I'd recommend the Convict. If you asked for a really efficient melee killer, Samurai Punks. Something fun and flexible, Necropunks. Something to let McM and Sebastion have even faster access to enemies, Belles w/Lure.