Leviticus Starter Box?

HenryWard

Pardon me if this has been asked and answered, but I didn't see a thread...

Is Leveticus ever going to have a starter box? I see that it doesn't really make sense to give him one now with the miniatures for Hollow Waif / Desolation Engine / etc. not yet out, but it'd be sweet to know whether I should wait to buy the box if there's going to be one or if he's one of those special cases that's just going to go without. I'm played him proxied and I'm really excited about getting him ready to roll for real...

Pardon me if this has been asked and answered, but I didn't see a thread...

Is Leveticus ever going to have a starter box? I see that it doesn't really make sense to give him one now with the miniatures for Hollow Waif / Desolation Engine / etc. not yet out, but it'd be sweet to know whether I should wait to buy the box if there's going to be one or if he's one of those special cases that's just going to go without. I'm played him proxied and I'm really excited about getting him ready to roll for real...

I believe one is planned, they're just waiting on the release of the hollow waif, steampunk aboms, and desolation engine.

Yep, i think its a matter of getting the waif, engine, and abominations ready to roll.

Meanwhile, if you're cool with proxying, go ahead and get some games in. In my opinion, Leveticus once figured out is one of the most enjoyable masters to play. Unibrow Pimphand of doom, for the win. ;)

If you don't like proxies, you can roll with other impressive crews as well, as there is a plethora of models available to Leve as crew members because he can hire all constructs, undead, and soulless models. With the exception of the guild, this means he can at least dip his toe into each faction.

Minion pool list:

Guild: None.

Ressers: Bete Noir, Crooked Man, Canine Remains, Flesh Construct, Madam Sybelle, The Hanged, Punk Zombies, Rotten Belles, Necro Punks.

Arcanists: Gamin, Ice Golem, Joss, Steampunk Arachnid Swarm, Steampunk Arachnids.

Neverborn: Bad JuJu, Hooded Rider, Teddy.

Outcasts: Rusy Alyce, Hollow Waifs, Steampunk abomination, Desolation Engine, Killjoy.

He has one of the largest and most varied lists of minions, and its only ever going to get larger with additional releases of models with the construct, undead, or soulless rule. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, so in terms of purchasing single minis I don't really have to worry about duplicating stuff that will come in Leveticus' box set? Is that right?

Also, does anyone have any idea how soon we might expect to see the Levi box?

The Levi starter box will include Levis, and maybe Alyce, however those are the only two models you may have to worry about getting duplicates of.

As far as a release date, your guess is as good as mine...

• 3 weeks later...

I would be surprised if the starter did not include at least 1 Hollow Waif. I also expect there to be a few Steampunk Abominations along with Leveticus and Alyce. Beyond that I have no idea.

Given that the box sets are based off of lead content and not game points I venture to guess that the Desolation Engine will not be included in the box set.

I would be surprised if the starter did not include at least 1 Hollow Waif. I also expect there to be a few Steampunk Abominations along with Leveticus and Alyce. Beyond that I have no idea.

Given that the box sets are based off of lead content and not game points I venture to guess that the Desolation Engine will not be included in the box set.

Totally agree. That and the previous poster's considerations for a boxed set is 32 points, and lacks the waif, which is pretty much compulsory to play leve.

I'd bet on something like Leve, alyce, 1-2 waifs, and 3-4 SPA's. I'm betting the box will be "point light" in comparison to others, because it will more than likely include the waif, which is "free".

heh! There is no such thing as leveticus being underpowered. :) He is one of the most powerful masters in the game once you have a solid grasp on how to use him.

I'd actually prefer a battle box with alyce and a bunch of SPA's so that you have two vectors of re-spawning them.

That is a good point about scenarios though.

-- Haight

Edited by Haight

heh! There is no such thing as leveticus being underpowered. :) He is one of the most powerful masters in the game once you have a solid grasp on how to use him.

I'd actually prefer a battle box with alyce and a bunch of SPA's so that you have two vectors of re-spawning them.

That is a good point about scenarios though.

-- Haight

i cant wait for his starter box. he is the master that draws my attention the most, the 2nd being pandora.

it cant come any sooner :(

My recommendation is, unless you are vehemetly against it, don't delay in practicing with leve. He is tricky to get the hang of and all the practice you can get will help you get the hang of him. :)

Though i do understand some people just don't like proxying. Myself ? I find that he's the most fun master to play, and i love how deceptively he can play.