Guild Tactica - Compilation of Guild Tactics

The Keebler

So instead of posting a lot of specific threads, do you all think we could start a compilation of information about the Guild, their tactics, sneaky tricks, and effective usage?

There is a lot of info floating around on the forums now. Having it all one place would be helpful. Of course, it would be nice to get this a sticky as well.

Maybe you can simplay include links to the relevant tactica threads with contents and original author, so you get a kind of index for the different tactics. This would also mean not having to read through several pages of posts just to find the information or tactic for the guy you are planning on picking up, et cetera.

• 4 weeks later...

A Guild-building suggestion from my game this week.

Forgot to bring all my models with me, so I didn't have the crew-building options I should. Luckily, my opponent remembered his, so Lady Justice and her posse brought along a bonus Witchling Stalker to get the job done.

One thing that has frustrated me with Justice and her Marshals is that they're, well, not very fast as they saunter across the board. But that little exploding Jawa with his Scout just scooted along the terrain.

It occurs to me bringing just one along, maybe even at the expense of a Marshal, would be great for grabbing terrain-based objectives. They're only 4ss, so they can be overlooked, and people really only fear them in melee. Sure, your opponent will learn pretty quickly what they're for, but the more resources they dedicate to eliminating your Witchling is forces you can peel off later. Divide and conquer.

having only used witchlings so far i have to say their ability ti bypass terrain and shoot regularly through it is quite good. Especially when i send them in small teams to hunt down models with either an Executioner of Sam Hopkins.

Does anyone have a lot of experience with totems? I'm really on the fence about using purifying flame, governor's proxy seems more useful but the price if a fail a WP duel is pretty high.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

So I've learned a few things in my many games of Sonnia, and Lady J.

For Sonnia, you need soulstones. LOTS of soulstones, and whatever you Can't Reflect you should Counter. Also don't be afraid to bunch up since alot of Blast Generating attacks are spells.

and lady J, I Need some help here... Every time I play her I get Super Tunnel Vision! I just throw her as Hard as humanly possible at the enemy master trying to kill him and tend to neglect the rest of my army and any synergy they might have had. This is the leading cause of death for Lady J in my hands :\

Also Lucius is awesome. Walk 10" then zero action "Reinforcements" BAM! Sonnia Criid or Perdita are now Launched 14" from the deployment zone. Sonnia activates, and commences to burn shit to the floor lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have played a few games with Jady J so far in which I have gone for a tag team approach style of Lady J and the Judge harpooning straight for the master whilst the death marshalls work as a 3 picking the opponents minions off 1 at a time. I have also found that the Scales of Judgement are great for a quick redraw of a control card.

• 5 weeks later...

I play LJ, and I'm still trying to figure her out.

I really like to put LJ and the Judge together. They move faster and hit harder. Plus, you can have LJ cast combat prowess on the Judge and he gets an extra melee AP--which allows him to flury after moving into combat range. When I grouped them together, it was the first time I'd played where she didn't take damage.

I like to stick the Death Marshals together with the Scales. Mostly because Scales can cast LJ's spells on the Marshals.

I have to remind myself often that this crew is both melee and ranged. So move once, shoot once, when you're in range. It's not quite as effective as melee (for LJ and the Judge at least), but it keeps big baddies (like Ikyrio (sp)) from getting too close.

... Plus, you can have LJ cast combat prowess on the Judge and he gets an extra melee AP--which allows him to flury after moving into combat range. ...

Sorry, but this is not how it works. Melee Expert only allows you to take a melee Strike action, it cannot be used in connection with Flurry or Charge.