Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family is from Michigan so I grew up a Red Wings fan. I live in Ohio, so when Columbus was granted a franchise I bought season tickets for the Blue Jackets in a heartbeat. I was a season ticket holder from 2000 - 2007, but had to let them go due to rising costs, and the increasing size of my family. When I originally bought the tickets I was single, now I am married and have three kids, that does change the priorities a bit.

Still follow the Jackets and rest of the League very closely and am thrilled they have opened the season going 5-1 so far!

• 3 weeks later...

My union has season ticket to the SJ Sharks Games. They raffle the tickets off for each of the games. Every time my wife and I have one the Sharks have won by scoring 4 goals. The 1st time I took my boys there was a fight within the 1st 5 minutes. The games are always great. However, I really dont follow the sport.

Seems we can give you one! :D

We're back on the ice again tonight, 2nd game in a back to back on the road in Detroit...talk about a rough schedule...we have Pittsburgh on Saturday too

We appreciated it as well, and you still managed a point against the Wings tonight, and the Jackets jump from 9th to 3rd in the West. Man the Central is in rough shape all over.

• 3 months later...

Speaking of Hockey (yes, I know, no ones really speaking about hockey other than me right now), how about the upcoming Olympic Hockey. I have a hard time not pushing for Canada since they include 4 Sharks on the team, including an entire forward line. :D

Of course, Russia, Sweden among a few others looking VERY strong also. Even the USA could perhaps string a few wins together, as they're bringing some goalies who can steal games.

PS. Go Sharks :D

Im a caps Fan, if the Avatar didn't give that away. Im a huge fan of all DC sports though. I like Hockey less than Football and Basketball, but its hard not to get drawn in when your local team is the best in the NHL (not to mention your football and basketball teams are embarrassments.) and you have the best player in the world on your team, I have like 3 Ovechkin shirts.

Im a caps Fan, if the Avatar didn't give that away. Im a huge fan of all DC sports though. I like Hockey less than Football and Basketball, but its hard not to get drawn in when your local team is the best in the NHL (not to mention your football and basketball teams are embarrassments.) and you have the best player in the world on your team, I have like 3 Ovechkin shirts.

Funny, that's why I started following the Wings in the early 90's.

I think the Olympics will go exactly as sjostrand predicted, but the really important part is that the Olympic "break" will rejuvenate the Red Wings, and they will pull back into dominance just in time for the play-offs.