Uncertain on Rough Trade (Madamme Sybelle)

laisu84

Unclear on how it works. After you hit the opponent, the start of the next turn defender can only PASS until it passes a WP--> 13 test.

1) Does pass count as a (1) or a (all) action? In our FLGS we were wondering if the defender gets to only test once during the activation or will it be testing for every AP until it can move again.

2) Does the test happen before or after the terrifying --> 12 roll when they activate?

Did anyone encounter these problems? And how should we resolve it?

1. Page 45, "General Actions": (1) Pass: The model does nothing for this Action. Rough Trade states that the model may only Pass until it wins the Wp roll at the beginning of its activation. Therefore, if the affected model does not pass the roll, it may only take successive Pass Actions until all its AP are accounted for (ie it sits and ponders her rough wonderous nature!)

2. Since the two actions both occur at the beginning of the model's Activation, thats a good question. I am still a little unclear how multiple actions/triggers that begin or end in the same part of a phase interact with each other, but is how I would play it:

Model A Activates

If Model A succeeds in his Rough Trade test, he could Activate as normal

If Model A fails his Rough Trade test he would Activate only as Passes

If Model A passes the Terrifying test, he could activate as normal

If Model A fails the Terrifying test, he would run away

Running away surpasses all other requirements (ie a model with 0 AP would still run 2x Wk).

I would:

1. Take Terrifying Test

2. Take Rough Trade Test

If you fail the Terrifying test and run, your next activation would be spent Rallying. You would still need to pass the Rough Trade roll, as this one trigger could, theoretically, keep your model locked down for the entire game if you keep failing, while Rallying only keeps you down for 1 Activation, and even then only movement-type stuff...

Thats my thoughts.