Graverobber?

Werecat

Hi guys, major new guy here. So, I've been sifting through the forums, just waiting for my rulebook so all these crazy words make sense. Anyway, I noticed that people like those undead puppies, and they seem like a great way to get corpse tokens. But when my rulebook showed up, I couldn't find the rule that allowed them to do that. Now, my most educated guess is that the lovely word "graverobber" is so prominent above their entry. I assume this is a general rule, but for whatever reason, I can't find it for the life of me. So, if this is the fabled token generating ability, where can I find it? If not, what ability is it that lets them do this? ANY help would be appreciated as I try to soak in a new game system, ha ha.

Wow, really? I haven't really played yet, but that seams like a huge blow to the resurectionists.

Yea, it knocked them down to the same level as all the other factions. :)

If you read the thread detailing the change and why it was made, Eric did a good job of explaining the reasoning behind it. Link

Edited by MEdwards

So how much does this affect Nico's ability to operate and generate Corpse Tokens with his warband? It seems like there'd be far fewer corpse tokens for him to use to create mindless zombies and use his special mindless zombie mechanics with. It seems like a huge blow to him more than the other masters, since he can't sacrifice soul stones at the start of the game for corpse tokens.

So now he gets to use the corpse counters generated like the rest of us...through hard bloody work :P Also, he still has models that can generate them, but now he isnt augmenting his force with silly amounts of free, large-cost models. If someone says that a Nic list that is equally costed as any other force isnt competitive, they havent really examined the Res' list much.

Remember, undead models generate corpse counters, as do living ones. So what this allows the Resurrectionists to do is bring back models as other undead. Essentially they now "heal" their warband.

Before, when Graverobbers could conjure corpse counters from nothing it allowed the Resurrectioniststo have a (big) net increase in the game. In essence, a Nicodem list could gain two flesh Construct early in the game, a net increase of 14 soulstones. Imagine playing a 30SS game where your opponent has 45 SS worth of stuff. That is what they prevented.

Oh, I can kind of understand why they did it. It's just a little confusing why they did it to Nico, and basically left McManus alone. Especially when so many of Nico's abilities, and some of his survivability rely on things like the Mindless Zombies, which are going to be much scarcer with the new rule. I agree that the way it was was too much, however I can't help but think that there could have been a better way to do it.

I played a game today with Nicodem and during the game I exhumed two corpse counters which became a belle and a crooked man, killed off my vulture which became a zombie, then exhumed another counter/zombie. Those two zombies became a flesh contruct. So it's not really a bad list without grave robber.

• 1 month later...