Joining the ranks of the Resurrectionists

Khail

Hello all!

I just placed an order for my initial setup, and had a question or two. First off, the goods -

McMourning Boxed Set (McMourning, 2 Nurses, Sebastian, Flesh Construct)

3 Necropunks

3 Samurai Punk Zombies

I ordered a fate deck and rulebook as well - so I'm just going off what I could gather from my inaugural game and a few short hours of browsing/reading one of the other guy's rulebooks.

Now the question. I see hardly any mention of the Samurai Punk Zombies on the forums. Why not? I was looking for some opinions on them and haven't been able to track any down, heh. I know they're somewhat more expensive than Necropunks or Canine Remains, and the Nurses tend to blow up whatever they buff, so there's a solid reason right there to field the cheaper stuff. Is that all there is to it?

I bet there isn't a lot of chatter b/c they seem like a must take in a list. Not that you can't build one w/o them but they are pretty good in a Nicodem list. I find their Self Mutilate then heal them with someone else is solid. And their CB 7 that can be Bolstered by Nicodem is really strong. Paired Katana is nice too.

They don't have a lot of Synergy with the other models though. Just good / great fighters for their SS Cost.

I havent played Res yet, but I HAVE played against them. The Res crew seems to work really well with extremes: extremely cheap or extremely expensive. I think this is primarily because this faction can summon whatever they want in different situations, so Flesh Golems come out or Canine Remains.

Within that framework, I think Punk Zombies can be beasts. If Nicodem has Corpse Tokens to use and a high Crow card in hand, he'd be silly not to use it for another Golem. If he didnt have that long and couldnt go for a Golem, a Punk would be a great one-corpse-token mob.

It seems situational, since this faction can be your classic Horde list, and mid-costed models dont always fit into those roles.