Batrep: Lillith Vs. McMourning...Zombies Can't Surf...

Keltheos

...or cast spells, apparently.

Rather than waste your time with a lengthy batrep, I'll sum up the hilights:

35SS match in the Slums with the Rubble game effect in play (whee).

Aldric (slaughter, Kidnap, Bodyguard):

Lillith

Mature Nephilim

Candy

Kade

Bad Juju

Keltheos (Treasure Hunt, Bodyguard, Army of the Dead):

McMourning

3 Punk Zombies

Nurse

Flesh Construct

Sebastian

We deployed across from one another, with M3's Crew getting initiative.

Turn 1 saw Lillith's crew move up and summon Bad Juju on top of the treasure. M3 push through some open terrain, Slingin' Scalpels and popping into melee with Lillith. He managed to deal her a couple of points of damage. His Punk Zombies and Flesh Construct shambled forward, with one dishing 2 self-mutilating damage to itself when it failed to cast its spell.

Turn 2 hilights: M3 failed to cast Rancid Transplant, didn't have enough Body Parts (having used 1 last turn for Fast) to summon a Flesh Construct, and succumbed to the hail of attacks from Lillith and the Mature Nephilim. The Punk Zombies managed 1 Self-Mutilation on Bad Juju, dishing 2 points onto it, while everyone else moved into positions. Bad Juju pushed forward, and Landslid 5 models. Everyone BUT the Nurse resisted the damage.

Turn 3 hilights: More failed Zombie casting of Slice and Dice, Sebastian and the Zombies took out Juju, and the Nurse injected the Mature Nephilim with some nasty concoction.

Turn 4 hilights: Down to just 1 Zombie, and only the 1st iteration of Juju and the Mature Nephilim out of play, I scrambled to make the turn at least memorable, but failed to do anything...

Final score: Lillith 8, McMourning 0.

It seemed that any time I said 'casting' the flip was a 5 or less, especially when it was 'this zombie is casting...'. Aldric's hand draws each turn were phenomenal to great, while mine were mostly average if that.

Despite the slowing effects of the terrain my crew managed to get up where the Treasure was and keep it from moving further away from my deployment zone (since Lillith's crew were too busy killing my models).

Good game, time for a rematch!

Cool game. Though sounds like you let Mcmourning get left out on his own. Always remember he can take a charge, and regain all his life next turn. I always wait to make sure he engages the enmy with the rest of his army even though he is faster (I'm sure you already know that, just saying is all).

Oh yeah, and personally I prefer another punk zombie and a belle instead of the construct but that's personal preference to be honest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...