Seamus: How to deal with December

darkphantomz

Hello fellow necromancers,

Picked up this game at GenCon and am looking for a bit of advice.

How would you go about taking down a Rasptinuta Feline list using Seamus.

Probably something similar to this at 30SS

Rasptinuta

Ice Gamin x1

Cerebus

Hoarcat Pride x3

I was thinking of bringing something like

Seamus

Copycat Killer

Sybelle

Rotten Belle x3

Zombie Punk x1

The plan is to use Sybelle and Belles to lure a living model way out of position and use the Zombie Punk, Killer, and maybe Seamus to finish it off and raise up another Belle. The plan isn't entirely original, but the only living models are 40mm so 2 corpse tokens per kill should be great.

Use undead psychosis on the closest Hoarcat Prides in range to devour that way they won't be in range to eat my poor undead hookers.

Between using Lure to get them out of position and Undead Psychosis to pick who will be able to engage my models.

Any other tips?

Edited by darkphantomz

I can really see the Hanged Man rocking with Seamus, but with Raspinuta giving Frozen Heart to everyone within 6" if he plays a close packed army it seems like a moot point. Also with the Ice Pillars really messing with my LoS. Although the spell Whispers from Beyond seems reason enough to take the Hanged Man.

Then again I should be able to topple the pillars with Seamus's and his Copy Cat's flintlocks, then lure something away from Raspinutina to make it vunerable to the WP checks from the Hanged.

I don't really see the point in starting with lots of belles with Seamus, since he's limited to raising Belles you might as well spend the ss on something you won't get for free mid-game anyway! Punk Zombies are ace, but a Hanged works well with Seamus's wp debuff.

Lure is most useful during the opening turns of the game, before corpses start dropping. Lure can be used to pull a model far out in front of his fellows to be beaten severely.

I definitely see the benefit of taking Belles from the start, instead of waiting to produce them during the game.

By the time you are raising Belles, you're likely just using them to wail on other models.

Devour doesn't work on the Undead.

Seamus' gun blasts those pillars. But those pillars can also be used to your advantage since you can hide behind them and prevent Rasputina from rapid firing off her spells, using Belles to lure into your range.

Belles from the get go are great with their lure.

Now here is the question: is Lure a Morale Duel?

The rulebook states: " Game effects that target Wp or that require a model to fall back are only morale duels if named as such." Lure isn't stated as a Morale duel.

So I believe you should always be able to lure unless the model has "Immune to Influence".

Lure, pummel, make Belle.