point/soul stone cost

darknight

ok, im still waiting for my rulebook, but impatience always wins,lol.

i think im going for the arcanists as i love the steam-punk spider guy, but i notice there box sets have less in them, so i take it they cost more, is this a disadvantage to them, less minis on the table? and what do you think to rasputina leading them?

thanks guys

The spider swarms actually have the ability to split up (you will have to purchase more models to do this), so technically the box contains 8 miniatures. Also, Ramos is a necessity for using the spiders, so unless you are playing a brawl (which allows you to use two masters), you really shouldn't use any other master with the spiders.

I was exactly thinking of Rasputina. Her typical favorites are either expensive or just too damn slow (Ice Gamin cheap, but pokey). The spiders are fast, ignore terrain, lower opposing defense. You could use them to lure opponents into a terrain feature for 'Tina to freeze their ass in place.

I get it that Ramos likes to have spiders around because he can use the scraps they leave behind, but that doesn't automatically preclude the tactical advantage they might offer the others.

I don't think they benefit Marcus as much as his typical lineup are already fast and if he goes to the cheap side he typically looks at the Moles. Still, latch-on is solid.

The steamborg seems to be hell on legs, but he definitely gets an advantage with Ramos as only Ramos can heal him. He's pricey at 10ss, but he kicks out a lot of hurt, can decapitate people (auto kill unless they discard two control cards or ss if it's a master), is fairly tough, quite fast, ignores terrain and can get an extra (free) charge with one of his triggers. Not too shabby at all.

thanks, so i take it this "spider bombing" can only be done with ramos?

It's just a bit more efficient with Ramos because he can use Scrap counters to make more spiders for the whole "lather, rinse, repeat" thing. Spider bombs are no laughing matter.

The Steamborg is that big scary chainsaw you're swinging around while you've got a syringe full of Draino™ in the other hand. If you ignore the chainsaw, it's going to hurt. It's going to hurt really bad, in fact. However, that syringe full of Draino is going to kill you almost instantly if you let someone get close enough to stick it into your neck.

Ramos just makes all of these guys much cooler because he's got spells that are directly related to Constructs.

It's just a bit more efficient with Ramos because he can use Scrap counters to make more spiders for the whole "lather, rinse, repeat" thing. Spider bombs are no laughing matter.

The Steamborg is that big scary chainsaw you're swinging around while you've got a syringe full of Draino™ in the other hand. If you ignore the chainsaw, it's going to hurt. It's going to hurt really bad, in fact. However, that syringe full of Draino is going to kill you almost instantly if you let someone get close enough to stick it into your neck.

Ramos just makes all of these guys much cooler because he's got spells that are directly related to Constructs.

And don't mind AoM, he's still bitter over the beating he got from Ramos.