New with a crew

beshkno

Hey all,

Been following the development and roll out of the game for sometime now. Sounds like it got great reception at GenCon and I know of several podcasters that enjoy the game (looking at you d6generation!) Anyway, I picked up some of the minis last weekend at my FLGS and was wondering what I need to fill out my crew (want to save on shipping with a larger order.) Don't have the rules yet so....I got the Undertaker and his crew. Are there other models that I can add or rotate through the crew? Is there a specific fate deck for the Resurrectionists or are they all the same?

Thanks for any help! Looking forward to assembling and painting these gems up.

Hey, welcome.

Nicodems a prety nasty master. He's a very strong attrition master due to his ability to summon lots of models and having a solid spell list with good damage and good buffs.

As for what models to get, Nicodem can really use a bit of everything because he can summon models during battle and as such he can respond to changing battle situations. However when it comes to generally good stuff with him, more punk zombies are always good, as they are a fantastic unit. The Crooked Men, Bete Noire and Canine Remains are also great with him but sadly don't have models yet. The Flesh construct, Nurses and Necropunks are all pretty good with him and have their place Nurse can buff units at the cost of killing them but Nicodem just summons more, the flesh construct is a beat stick and necropunks make good speed bumps and are good for targeting with nurses.) And honestly, Rotten Belles are just really good in general.

So basically, most stuff is good to get with him, with the stuff I mentioned being the usual stuff he's used with.

As for a fate deck, they're all the same. Just different coloured backs...

Hope that helps,

Regards.

To add to the fray.

Since Nicodem can hire any undead, don't forget to take a look at the Outcasts. Killjoy is a fun, but expensive addition to a crew. And the Steam punk abominations and the Desolation Engine could be fun to try out as well with him.

Also don't overlook the Nurse. Thematically she goes with McMourning but she is really good in any Res army. Especially Nicodem since he can easily resurrect any model she kills by giving her fun drugs too.

Oh and don't forget his Totem. I personally think his Vultures are one of the best totems in the game. You can build a wall of Zombies around him but still use his Vultures to cast spells out of.