Resurrectionist (Seamus) vs The Guild (Perdita)

Caronte

Well, I have just played my first Malifaux game against my brother (25 SS). I've played with Seamus, Mme. Sybelle, 3x Rotten Belles and 2x Necropunks. My brother used the Ortega family: Perdita, Francisco, Nino, Papa Loco and Santiago.

Because it was the first time, it took a long time for us to prepare the game and explain the game mechanics and abilities/spells to my brother, so we played only 4 turns.

The terrain was Ruins with a Soulstone Vein in the center. Resurrectionist strategy was Assassinate and Slaughter for the Guild. Army of the Dead & Hold Out were the Schemes for Seamus & Co., whereas Bodyguard & Hold Out were for Ortega family (all of them Announced at the beginning).

During the first turn, all the model walked trying to get a good position for the incoming combat, advancing towards the enemies and looking for cover (well, undead were less worried about that). The Rotten Belles advanced a lot thanks to Seamus "Belles of the Ball" & Shambling, and also the Necropunks. Ortega family was a little bit more careful, looking for cover instead of walking all the distance.

At the second turn, Perdita entered the ruined house were the Soulstone Vein was located, but Mme. Sybelle walked until she reached the threshold standing 2'' from Perdita, and then using Call Belle to push one of her girls at 1'' from Perdita. Such Rotten Belle attacked Perdita but unsuccessfully. Meanwhile, the rest of the Ortega family was taking possitions outside and failed some shots, trying to keep away the undead and their master, Seamus.

Third turn: first blood (or pieces of dead flesh). Ortega family got initiative, and Perdita made several attacks against the figure of Mme. Sybelle standing on the threshold. When the smoke dissipated after such lead storm, the creepy figure was still there and attacked Perdita together with the Rotten Belle. Both, Perdita and Sybelle, were heavily wounded but kept their cool. Outside the house, the rest of the Ortega family send hot lead on the undead wounding one Rotten Belle, and Papa Loco (honouring his name) run into the fray, being attacked and wounded by the Rotten Belle and the two Necropunks. Seamus shot his flintlock against Santiago, but he was out of range.

And the fourth (and last) turn. Papa Loco is really, really loco. He exploded: casting "Take Ya With Me!" he managed to kill one Rotten Belle and forced Seamus to expend a lot of control cards to survive (him and his crew): many suffered wounds (6), and Francisco Ortega, who was standing near Papa Loco, was killed by the explosion. Of course, Papa Loco neither survived, and the Necropunks still standing near him received "BOOM!" (5 Wd), surviving thanks to "Hard to Kill". Then, Perdita run away the house to save her life, whereas one of the necropunks charged against Nino Ortega, killing him. Santiago shot and finished the other necropunk, but in that moment, Seamus casted "Arise, My Sweet", and the dead Rotten Belle walked again. That was enough, and the Ortega family retreat to fight another they and claim vengeance. However, Seamus was not able to get Perdita's head.

Final result: Tie

Resurrectionist: Assassinate 0 pts

Army of the Dead 2 pts

Hold Out 2 pts

TOTAL: 4 pts

The Guild: Slaughter 0 pts

Bodyguard 2 pts

Hold Out 2 pts

TOTAL: 4 pts

Now eager for the next game:explode: