2nd game... lets zoom to the last duel...

blkdymnd

... Because this is what Malifaux is all about. Again, we had Lady J vs. Ramos. I had treasure hunt and he had claim jump. I had already secured the treasure via a death marshall and had secured the terrain against him, so this wasn't terribly important, but it kept a moral victory away from him.

Lady J had 9 damage on her. I was stalking Ramos, who had no one left, with Lady and Judge. Time for initiative. Ramos wins. My flips had been like this the whole game for most part, but I had still been winning. Ramos decides to finish off the Lady with Electric Fire X 3. First one goes off and I cannot stop it even after a soulstone. He does weak damage, but enough to kill Lady J, so I spend one to prevent. I get the Ace of Masks and leave her with 1 damage point left. He tunes up for a second blast and hits. I have 2 soulstones left. I spend one to help my Cheat. It fails. He does weak damage again, but I only have one point left on her....

Now, let's segue for a second. Any golfers will know out there the experience of duffing the course all day, hitting trees and water, divot after divot and you're just getting frustrated as hell. Then on the 18th, Par 3 you look to sail one wide only for it to drop about a foot from the cup...

Segue back.... I have one point left and one soulstone left. The only thing I can do is hope to prevent enough and then she'll probably be killed by the last blast anyway. (I line up the tee shot...), so I spend my last stone to prevent (and the swing...), do my customary flip....

Red Joker!

The look on my buddies face was priceless as he sunk into his chair accepting defeat and shaking my hand...

This is what will keep me coming back to Malifaux... and golf :)

Edited by blkdymnd

Two Sundays ago, on the sixteenth hole at Dretzka Park: I'd been "duffing" all freaking day. I wasn't particularly happy or having very much fun anymore. The Seventeenth is a par three around a tiny dog leg to the right, so I just stepped to the tee and drove without really aiming. Another craptastic shot!! The ball went off more like a line drive in baseball, three feet from the ground, than anything a golfer wants to do, and I quickly lost sight of it. After searching for the wayward ball for nearly fifteen minutes, I was getting frustrated. "WTF, where is my g*@dam ball?" That is when I saw my brother, up on the green, waving me over. As I approached, he was shaking his head in a mixture of disbelief and disgust. He had found my ball in the cup and I had scored my first ever hole-in-one.

Sorry, but any mention of golf these days, and I immediately fall into this story. It did seem to fit with the theme though.

As for my few games of Malifaux, it has been made perfectly clear that fate has a special place for me: draw high when I don't need it, draw low when it counts. Good times!