1st game LAdy Justice vs. Nicodem

rotumn

Tonight my brother and I played our first game of Malifaux. We used the boxed armies for Lady Justice and Nicodem at 25 soulstones. I played Lady Justice and had to eliminate all enemy models and my brother had to hold a building in the center of the board. We wanted to try out as much of the characters abilities so just charged forward and started throw cards. Mortimer advanced and nearly killed one Death Marshal but then was charged by Lady Justice who inflicted moderate damage onto him. The game went back and forth but really came down to the final turn we played. Lady Justice and 2 Death Marshals were down to 2 wounds each. Nicodem won initiative and cast decay three times on Lady Justice, each time I drew the exact number I needed to resist. The judge activated and killed a punk zombie followed by a Death Marshal finishing another. The game took little over 1 hour and that was with rulebook flipping and each player reading cards carefully before making a move. It was really fun and we plan on another game soon.

• 1 month later...
The terrain used was actually buildings from GW Mordenhiem I got from a guy selling all his terrain. The buildings worked nice for a run down section of town. I'm planning on making some buildings that fit the theme of this game though.

I am at the terrain building / buying point myself and have been browsing the web at sites for companies that build resin cast terrain features and buildings. What scale buildings are appropriate for this game? ( in mm. or in traditional scale i.e.; 1/72 etc... ).