Pretty quiet in the Bayou

Nimor

Just wondered where all the dedicated Gremlinplayers are?

The forum has become pretty lively since GenCon, but there seems to be little to no talk about the little buggers. Come on, I mean the gremlin boxset is already out of stock.

I fell in love with them on first sight, even more so after reading the rules&background. Unfortunately, I will not be able to purchase them before october so I need you guys to help me thru this difficult time.

Come, sit by the campfire and tell me your hilarious stories while sharing some Booze and Bacon. :friday:

Marks smiley makes me wonder how many people have converted their gremlins so that they are sporting a mullet.

nothing of the sort, they are hillbillies, not canadians. there are no Trailers in Malifaux

And as for the Bayous, I'm currently working on my 48 points of Gremlins (5 swamp gremlins [Jack, Daniel, Bo, Luke and Cooter], 2 warpigs [Ham Hock and Hogshead], 4 piglets[bacon, Sausage, Porkchop and Jamón] , So'mer teeth and his son [Enos] and daughter [Daisy] (the hog whisperers.)

Edited by goblyn13

Don't think its the Bayou Water...but it might be the Moonshine :wt:

Perhaps it's both, cause Bayou Water is a main ingredient of our famous moonshine. ;)

Thanks for the responses. I'm really looking forward to your reports guys!

In the meanwhile I would like to start a little discussion on the Giant Mosquitos.

It's really cool we can have up to four of this guys at the start and if all goes well even more later on.

With their 10/10 and magical extension, they can be used as little cruise missiles by casting Pull my finger. The downside is, you need to flip at least a 10 to set this of.

You could also use them to increase the threatrange of your pigs by flying past the opponent and casting Sooey!

Give them a Swig with Som'er at the first round to get their wounds back up.

Any other ideas for the buzzers?

Edited by Nimor

To win with the Gremlins, you have to be crafty.

And remember, you build your crews after you find out what your strategy & schemes are.

If you just run headlong at the enemy with the Gremlins, you will die. A lot.

Be crafty. Play to your schemes & strategies. If you read my battle report, I ALMOST won. All I had to do was dodge one bullet and the game was mine.

I played a game of Gremins versus Guild last night and had quite a bit of fun, but learning them is a bit of a pain. They have an amazing amount of pulls back and forth that can get you out of a tight pinch, but your basic Gremlin have 4 Wd is pretty sucktastic. Highlights of the list for me seem to be the summoning ability; I didn't get a chance to try it last night, but I almost had setup a 'Get yer Bro', healing swig, 'Get your Bro' on Som'er Teeth followed by two 'Hey y'all watch this' from the summoned models using their fast action ability. I think that's legal.

I won the game through a summoned piglet that I nicked through the 'Come and Get it' abiilty. It's rather nuts the amount of summons you can do if you're willing to sacrifice your models back and forth.

Edited by IceRaptor
Fixed summon from 'Come and Get It'