10-24-09 Chicago Tournament!

WEiRD sKeTCH

I learned that Killjoy is a total beast! And Rasputina needs to be dropped ASAP, or Decembers Curse will wipe you out.

Thanks for a great time, guys. And thanks Weird Sketch for running it.

Brief Battle Reports:

Game 1: vs Jason (Guild).

Trick or Treating in the town was fun! Perdita ran all the way to the far building, so as to get into position to bend bullets around the corner at Taelor. The other Ortegas moved into the middle. I had Taelor and the Sword Vicki on one flank, with Bishop on the other. Misaki, Convict, and Gun Vicki up the midddle. Misaki used Wind to kill Papa Loco from far enough away so that she did not get damamged, but the boom took out the Convict. After killing the sword Vicki, Perdita was finally dropped by Taelor who flipped the Red Joker for damage, and hence did 12 on one swing. Bishop and Misaki combined to kill the rest.

Game 2: vs Rasputina (Mort)

We both moved toward the Pumpkin Patch, and I erred on getting too close to Rasputina, and she dropped the convict and Taelor at the start of turn 2. Hans had gotten to the top of the building and proceded to snipe away. The Pumpkins changed and killed one of the Gamins, (fun!) and Sword Vicki killed another. Misaki managed to really hurt 'Tina, but not enough. In the end, neither of us achived our main objective but we both did the Schemes.

Game 3: vs Lady J (Fool)

Brutal. Zombies everywhere! I got Killjoy out on turn 2, and he proceded to destroy eveything. (I did make an error in my favor in this game, so I can not claim to have done well.) It was fun though.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! The best tourny I have attended. A great time Thank you WS!

QFT. That was hands-down the best tourny I've ever been to. The scenarios were the height of creativity and originality. Likewise with the handmade prizes, a collaboration between WS and fool. Just, wow.

Many thanks to Lionheart and Jokerohki for the beatings they administered to my crew. :hangman:

LOL! On page 3, of Red's pics - that poor Gamin who has 4 zombies on his tail... I thought I was in trouble, but believe it or not, on my next turn that Gamin was able to escape from combat (winning 4 break-away duels in a row!), flee inside the house, and board up the door!! Woohoo for the little fellas! :)

Nice pics! The best part is, with the trophy-pics, you included the most important part of all - the Twinkie. :)

EDIT: Weird Sketch - you handed out a few colored copies of some 'reference charts' during the tournament for folks to use... can you tell me what was on the front and back of those charts? I have the reference chart that MEdwards made up and posted here on the forum, what did you put on the back of yours?

-Mort

Nice pics! The best part is, with the trophy-pics, you included the most important part of all - the Twinkie. :)

That twinkie was the most important prize of the event.

EDIT: Weird Sketch - you handed out a few colored copies of some 'reference charts' during the tournament for folks to use... can you tell me what was on the front and back of those charts? I have the reference chart that MEdwards made up and posted here on the forum, what did you put on the back of yours?

The front was MEdwards sheet. On the back I have the list of common abilities from the rulebook.

• 2 weeks later...

So, how did the diffrent masters do? Who was most successful? Who was played by most people?

The tournament format was pick your faction at the start but pick you crew each round. So several people played different Masters in different rounds.

That being said Neverborn(with Lilith) was the overall winner.

I believe there was a 2nd place tie between a Guild Crew(I think using Perdita) and a Res crew(using Seamus).

I can't recall if third was Guild or a Vitoria crew.

Overall I think half the people there had Guild armies, Then a couple Res crews, then I think 1 Neverborn, 1 Arcanist and a couple of Outcast(1 Viktoria crew and 1 Gremlins crew).