10-24-09 Chicago Tournament!

WEiRD sKeTCH

I won't be coming up for the tournament.

Aside from personal reasons, another reason that has been on my mind is the lack of Chicago-area players at other tournaments over the years (Alkemy, Confrontation, etc.) in places like Indianapolis, St. Louis, Dayton and Cincinnati.

In either case, please remove my name from the list so someone else can play.

Thanks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be coming up for the tournament.

Aside from personal reasons, another reason that has been on my mind is the lack of Chicago-area players at other tournaments over the years (Alkemy, Confrontation, etc.) in places like Indianapolis, St. Louis, Dayton and Cincinnati.

In either case, please remove my name from the list so someone else can play.

Thanks

Will do.

But it's not really fair to blame Chicago-area players as a whole.

Especially by using Alkemy as an example.

Just sayin.

We'll see what happens when/if someone runs a tournament outside Chicago. Maybe I'm just bitter from several years of Confrontation tournaments where no Chicago-area players would appear.

I'm a Chicago-area person, and I've attended TONS of Indy tournaments!

Ok, so I am cheating. ;) But I get where you are coming from Tote, and I know I'll try to attend southern tournaments whenever I can.

You'll be missed Saturday!

-Tim

WS contacted me and asked if I could make some trophy bases for him, I said No way. He said please, I responded with not on your life. He said fine he'll get some other fool to do it.....Well just wait a minute, I am the best fool around (ask my wife, children, cat...you get the picture)

So here are the trophy bases I made for this tourny.

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

I look forward to playing ya'll for them.

Edited by Fool
duh

BUMP-BA-BUMP!!!

Less than two days remain!

I hope you are all slathering at the reins for all the candy and goodies that are going to be up for grabs on Saturday!

Yer dang right! See ya'all in 29 hours.

WS, I'm not sure if he PMed, but Nate/Rahlan had to back out. I'm leaving in 45 minutes (instead of new-posting, I edited this one on Saturday morning). See you there.

Edited by Gargathor

Had a great time, met some great people, and got to flip some cards (dice are out). I have to say I have an even healthier respect for Perdita now... and I think there is such thing as to many quasi-nude undead women... If I hear the word "lure" one more time...

And who would have know that Redstripe can actually play the game, and do it well?!?!?! Oh, and Nino Ortega sends his greetings!

Wow, what a great event! I really liked the Halloween-themed scenarios (except for angry Pumpkins! Argh!), and I was fortunate enough to score quite a bit of Candy (thanks to Gary!).

It was a ton of fun learning the ropes - all 3 opponents I had were excellent sports, and EXTREMELY patient (for which I am quite grateful!).

I learned many new things:

I learned that I hate Samael.

I learned that I hate Perdita.

I learned that I hate Santiago.

I learned that I like when Lionheart cuts my cards!

:)

A big thanks to Drew for organizing the event - I've run enough events to know that it takes a LOT of effort and work, and this player is very grateful for that!

Looking forward to the next one!

-Mort

There actually was someone there taking pics... I just don't know who it was.

That would be me. What else was I gonna do when I had the bi :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/nilus2k/MalifauxTournament1024200902?authkey=Gv1sRgCOrfj-Gdh_vhzwE&feat=directlink

Honestly not my best picture taking day(you should have seen all the ones I deleted). Next tourney I plan to bring a backdrop and some portable lights to get really good pictures of painting entries for sure. My pictures really don't do them justice.

Anyways I would also say thank you to Drew for running the event. It was a lot of fun. And I look forward to seeing a bunch of you returning for the tourney I am running in December

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8733

Edited by nilus