Starting Master

Angus Khan

Well I have to throw in my 2 cents. I am a Marcus fan, I think he is overlooked because his power is not as obvious.....

also i wanted to note that with 26 people voting (as of now) on their masters we are evenly split in our support with 15, 16, and 15. Gotta love a balanced faction.

Put me in with Ramos and the Union. I more of a hard sci-fi/transhuman/tech player, and even though Malifaux does not feature the typical hot-streaming laser death I'm used to, it sounds and reads like a very fun game. I'm still going through the rulebook, but looking here and in the book, I'm getting ideas for developing my crew. My only concern is one Shooty Ramos crew is going to be very much like any other.

I haven't picked up the starter yet, but I plan to in the next week or so.

What are the general play styles of the three Masters mentioned? Can't buy anything locally so am looking at what I want to order and am inclined towards the Arcanists and Guild minis. Play style wise, I tend to start defensive and wait for the other player to make the first move. So I have a tendency, if terrain permitting, to want to wait around the 40-50yrd line of the board in woods or behind a large building waiting to try and get the charge range.

What are the general play styles of the three Masters mentioned? Can't buy anything locally so am looking at what I want to order and am inclined towards the Arcanists and Guild minis. Play style wise, I tend to start defensive and wait for the other player to make the first move. So I have a tendency, if terrain permitting, to want to wait around the 40-50yrd line of the board in woods or behind a large building waiting to try and get the charge range.

Marcus is a beast master, who both buffs and relies on his beasts, and can have the beast from any faction.

Tina is a worshiper of an ice deity/effigy and has a lot of control and direct magic and ice constructs and fellow worshipers.

Ramos is the Da Vinci of steam power with powerful creations and electrical spells and building things on the field to help him.

Marcus is a beast master, who both buffs and relies on his beasts, and can have the beast from any faction.

The only buff Marcus gives to his beasts is his Howl for +Wp. I had really been hoping for more synergy between him and his beasts, but he really seems more of a solo combat machine who can do some neat tricks (his most powerful ability seems to be Wild Heart, in my opinion, or Feral combined with Alpha in some situations (grabbing Papa Loco, for instance).

Too bad, really, I think.

• 3 weeks later...