Grass tufts in USA?

Peterdita

My local hobby shop (not gaming, but trains/ RC cars and such) has pre-packaged grass "tufts". I am not sure who the producer is, but I recently bought a package of them (was around $10). I have yet to use them, as the current paint project is being based on urban/ rubble terrain.

-mat

Thanks Mat. There are a few train shops around but I don't remember seing tufts in there and I walk every inch of a shop when I go in. (to many cheap treasures hidden in dark corners) I found some at Bexley's link.

along with some other cool stuff I couldn't resist buying.

Edited by Peterdita

The Grass tufts are just the best to use for small patches of grass on a board or on a base. They come in 4 different colors and three lengths (2mm, 4mm and 6mm). I use send constantly for my scenery projects.

Available indeed from Antenociti in the UK and Scenic Express in the US. Being in Thailand I looked for other places to buy them on the web but couldn't find any other. Antenociti works fine for me (They have small packages for around $4.5, so quite cheap actually).

I think Antenociti cuts up larger ones to sell. One of the downsides of Silflor is that they're expensive. The sheet will likely last you a long time, and will be worth it in the long run, but it's a tough sell when you just want a couple of tufts. (Though, if you have a fancy pants static grass applicator, you can make your own tufts, which is handy.)

I just got my order from them. Pretty sweet stuff. I want every color now. I got the "buffalo grass tufts" and it has longer, old dead looking shoots and then fresh shorter ones to imply seasonal growth. I'm impressed.

This catolgue is sweet Bexley, I got the #15 and almost every page has something I could buy on it. Lots of inspiration as well. They also threw in a nice big $5 round terraing "duster" brush for free.

Thanks again for the link Bex, I'd highly reccomend these guys as well.

http://www.scenicexpress.com/

Ooh, yeah. I forgot about the freebies.

And you see what I mean about the catalog? I still can't believe they don't charge for them, or that they ship the new edition out to previous customers when it's available. Sometimes you get little pamphlets on how to use their products, depending on what you've ordered. I also got a smaller catalog back in January, which just had the new products they were adding to the catalog this year. They really are a top-notch company.

Ok well know I'm cursing you for showing me this place Bexley, lol.

They got me for another fat order today.... Just to much cool crap to not buy.The cart got hefty pretty quick. I knew it was to much when I had a $12 Gazebo in there. Had to do some reconsiderations...

I noticed there are a lot of things in the catalogue that I couldn't really navigate to online. I searched them okay but never quite found them where I thought they should be. So if anyone is checking out the website, there is so much more! (I think you can request a catalogue for free)

I had to get some other colored tufts and some general terrain supplies for my Malifaux boards and IP bank. They do have a cool swamp kit with cattails and and what nots, had to get that for my Hag. (or she'd take my liver)