a little ass-wup

EricJ

As I've said, I think Bishop is my favorite stat-line in the book. The goal was to make him really a brawler who could do something no matter what card he flipped, and could really adapt his fighting style to any need (although he does demand a steep price). Take a look :)

Bishop-Card-Front-Watermark.jpg

Bishop-Card-Back-Watermark.jpg

I guess it was a bit too much to keep Melee Master, wasn't it? Oh well, Bishop still owns you all. And I'm happy to pay 10 for him. And at that kind of price, anyone wanting to hire him as a mercenary.

I actually really like how he ended up, Eric. Great job Eric, TBK, Isoulle, and Kel!

Now to figure out exactly how he's going to get painted...

Oh, I knew he was busted with +2. I didn't really expect that to make it to print.

Bishop went from one model I didn't care anything about to one that gives me a wicked twinkle in my eye when I think about him on the table. He's like the Swiss Army Knife of melee.

He's also the first Minion being previewed, isn't he? How fitting that it's an Outcast.

And a final question: will Disarm cause you to drop 2 control cards, or are you picking the suit you're using there? I know you'll need Ram + Tomes to get the trigger activated, but the wording with "or" has me questioning whether you get one Control Card dropped for each of either suit. I'm assuming this is a 2 card discard, as you'll currently need to have used a (0) action to be able to pull this one off, but I figured I'd ask now.

yeah, he works both sides. He can solve any problem if you get the right stuff, and that certainly leave opponents unsure of what will happen, and not looking forward to being charged by Bishop.

I just noticed the Fate +1 graphic. I guess I just didn't pay attention on the other cards shown. Very nice.

Ah, Bishop. How I love him.

Ironically enough when me and Bug did the last big lookover I think he was the most cuddled model out of any faction.

I remember looking at him and was like... "Ummm, Bug, take a look. I'd say he was worth about 13. Lets go to town.."

Lost melee master, slower, hits a little less hard, lower def and costs 1 more stone. That's some serious Cuddling. But he's a lot more balanced for it in my mind. :)

I like him. He is great in melee, hard to kill yet he is not going to steam roll an entire army by himself.

Adaptive fighter. Does that mean he auto gets a mask if he select that as the suit. IE he selects ram and then he draws a mask he would have mask and ram for his triggers?

Edited by Cacuin

yeah, basically on his activation, he can choose to activate that ability, and select a suit, and until the closing phase, it is as if the suit he selected is added to his Df and Cb for every draw, making the triggers associated with that suit much more available. In essence it allows him to select his style for the rest of the round.

Of course, it becomes tricky because that's a (0) ability, and as such, if he selects that one he can't use the Cage Fighter spell for that activation. Basically, you have a choice each time you activate how you'd like to play him...but you don't get it all! :P