"Random question" on signup

Yes, yes, very funny. If you want an actual answer (rather than just using it to detect robots, as I first assumed), it'd be useful if there was some guidance as to the answer, since the expected answer is almost certainly factually incorrect. :(

I'm sure I'm now going to get accused of lacking a sense of humour. Oh well. :)

What, that spammers are morons? Might just be a point of view but I've yet to have anyone type 'no' into that box.

I think anyone that goes out of their way to clutter up the internet with spam and other malicious ware, viruses, worms, trojans and simple increase my penis size e-mails flat out are just not needed or wanted. If you want to advertise that stuff, sure, make a website and do your marketing like a normal human being, as it is, millions, hell probably billions of dollars, time, investment and whatnot goes into stopping spam and the like which is frankly a waste of resources (though argueably there are whole industries that have popped up and make money BECAUSE of it).

Either way, that's a discussion for another day. Wrong or otherwise, I think most folks can easily decide 'Yes' is the answer to that simple question.

:afro:

Edited by Nathan Caroland

I read this story a few months back which mentioned that spamming in 2008 overall had dropped as a % of emails by nearly 1%...which seemed a bit odd to get excited about, until I read further to find that it dropped from 98.5% of all emails to 97.5% of all emails...which is actually pretty significant...yet sad.

I think anyone that goes out of their way to clutter up the internet with spam and other malicious ware, viruses, worms, trojans and simple increase my penis size e-mails flat out are just not needed or wanted. If you want to advertise that stuff, sure, make a website and do your marketing like a normal human being, as it is, millions, hell probably billions of dollars, time, investment and whatnot goes into stopping spam and the like which is frankly a waste of resources (though argueably there are whole industries that have popped up and make money BECAUSE of it).

I was really just venting, as I obviously didn't type "yes" (after all, the spammers have come across a pretty reasonable business model, from their point of view - do minimal work, and occasionally a sucker bites). The morons are the people who respond to the spam. :)