Little Help please!

Hey all, I'm new to the forum here but been looking at Wyrd stuff for ages and ages whilst drooling excessively. Now that the game is around the corner (God willing) I think it's about time I got me some models!

I'm really interested in the Neverborn, initially I fancied the guild but who am I kidding, I always get the baddies! (in the traditional sense, it's never that black and white nowadays. PC gone mad I tell you!).

Anyway, I was curious about the Hag. I'm led to believe that, although somewhat interchangable, all the "leaders" have certain henchmen and followers that they're themed with. I was mainly wondering wether the Hag, Mire Golem and Slurid are bunched together in that respect? Also are they neverborn? Seems she could be an arcanist with her big gribbly monster. Also, sorry, what's the deal with Pandora? Or has she simply not caught up with the rest in terms of followers/henchmen (aside from her creepy kids). One last question too! If I get the bayou gremlins (best models ever by-the-way!) can I use them? I'm going to order everything in bulk you see to save on shipping (I'm in Scotland) and want to make sure I'll be able to use everything I buy.

cheers, sorry if these questions have already been answered elsewhere or are just silly.

Goblyn13's sig has all the info that you need.

Just follow the link below:

Signature Friends don't let friends drink paint.

Wyrd Checklist(updated 03/03/2009) NOW WITH RELEASE DATES!

Zoraida has the Mire Golem and the Silurid Slaves as part of her Crew. She also frequently presses the Bayou Gremlins into her service.

Edited by TheBugKing

Good grouping there with Zoraida, that'll get you started with a good group.

Gremlins are officially part of the Outcasts though they will be useable by Zoraida and her bunch rather easily, particularly with their background and overall chaotic manner.

Pandora, actually have some minis right out of a mold here recently that go with Pandora, as well as a 'regular' version of Pandora which just got finished up so you'll see a grouping of her and her minions in the near future.

Bad guys .. heh, well if you want the overt ones, Neverborn and Resurrectionists fit that bill quite well though the Guild and the Arcanists give them a good run for their money in that department as well. Don't think white and black, more shades of grey than anything.

Welcome to the forums!

By picking Zoraida the Hag, you've picked perhaps the most versatile master in the game. She is the master of manipulation and mind control, as such she has a wide range of models from other factions who she can choose to follow her. Her henchmen can be chosen from any model who is not a master, and she can add any weak willed model to her crew as a minion as well. And you never know, part way through the game you might even figure a way to make an enemy model bend to your will...

How's that for a teaser ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a friend of mine went to salute in London and picked up some Neverborn before me! Swine that he is! I'm still thinking about getting the Hag but I'd like to mix it up a bit so been eyeing up the arcanists. Although what was mentioned about Zorri here is making me think again, again! What's the deal with the Arcanists anyway? Are their respective beasties their henchmen? Cheers for the warm welcome!

Well, the Arcanists are by far and away teh coolest faction you can get. We get the Steam Borg along with all the lovely Steampunk Arachnids. Then we get Rasputina and her lovely weather sense. (As long as you love snow!) and then there is marcus who brings all the huge beasties to the fray.

Everyone else is just second rate or worse by comparison.

Don't listen to Eric about the Neverborn. He is so seduced by that faction he would be happy to sacrifice his wife t them if they asked. Suspicious behavior indeed!

/in character

Ok in all seriousness, the NBs are fast and controlly for the most part. The Arcanists rely on spells and sweeping effects to get the job done. The Resurectionists bring stuff back from the dead and are as tough as nails. The Guild focus on making paste out of which ever other faction they focus on as well as buffing them selves so that they are insanely good and the Out Casts are a total mixed bag.

Hope that helps!

Gremlins are officially part of the Outcasts though they will be useable by Zoraida and her bunch rather easily, particularly with their background and overall chaotic manner.

Sorry to be late to the thread, but by the quote above, it is implied that Outcasts are an actual faction. From my initial fluff readings, I thought they were just a mercenary type group that occasionally sides with on or the other. Is that the case?

And in the good/evil/both vein - which way do the Arcanists lean? Initially, I thought the Guild was the "bad guys" but after reading some of the stories from the Wyrd Chronicles, they actually aren't horrible. The Arcanists have that same kind of background, but I cannot tell which way they are supposed to go.

Yeah, I get kind of fluffy when it comes to picking factions.

Thanks much!

Outcasts originally started out as mercenaries, but we got to talking about that and really, everyone has mercs and just calling them mercs was just a bit too much of the same as everyone else and we put some additional background into them. They ARE primarily mercenaries, but it is also the group in which you can get some characters which don't really wish to fit in one way or another with any of the other factions, or have deeper agendas than what has been shown.

Gremlins in general are a bit of a pet project for me and have taken on a life of their own really. We debuted them at Gencon last year and had such a good reception to them along with having a good laugh ourselves that they have developed so much more than what was originally planned (which was basically just as minions for Zoraida at first). We've got another four pieces sculpted for the group right now and several others in the works which we should have available for Gencon. Yup, I loves me some Gremlins.

There is no good and evil per say ... lots and lots of grey though to answer your question. The Guild is through and through power mongering and are very much dictators and when it comes down to it, they aren't nice people in the least. They DO have a goal and organization which they see for the greater good though (even if they get the lions share themselves) and as long as you tow the party line, you're likely to be in a good way society wise with them.

Arcanists are anarchists in the real sense. They have access to powers that haven't been explored before the arrival in Malifaux and more often than not, are individuals who have suffered under the heavy handed rule of the Guild. There is a story that we'll be publishing here shortly on Ramos that will give you a lot more insight into just who Ramos is and Rasputina ... well, you'll have to wait for the book on that one as she is integral to it, but suffice to say, she is one twisted individual and I think folks will enjoy what is planned for her.

Guess it'll really have to come down through the fluff and game book when you see a bit more of it to make that final decision on just who is right for you. We'll see if we can get more information out for you here in the next couple of months (finishing up rules, writing, new website, production planning and issues, not to mention the whole monetary side of it all, so yeah .. bit to do).