Background questions: back home

Scorpio

OK, been pouring over the material we have so far, and I have some unanswered questions I'd love to see answered:

1.) How much do the regular people back Earthside know about Malifaux? I figure they'd get the occasional copies of the Malifaux Daily Record, but would pretty much be left with tall tales of a far-off land.

2.) Magic is pretty prevalent, it seems; we know it existed Earthside before the Breach. How widely is it practiced Earthside? How openly, now?

3.) Speaking of which, will we get to hear more about the Soulstone Wars and the forming of the Guild? I realize it's history to the current residents, but with this much magic floating around, some old vets might still be around...

OK, been pouring over the material we have so far, and I have some unanswered questions I'd love to see answered:

I'll answer what I can.

1.) How much do the regular people back Earthside know about Malifaux? I figure they'd get the occasional copies of the Malifaux Daily Record, but would pretty much be left with tall tales of a far-off land.

The people Earthside know about Malifaux and there are plenty of stories circulating about what all happens on the other side of the Breach. The Guild certainly portrays things as though they have everything under control in Malifaux.

2.) Magic is pretty prevalent, it seems; we know it existed Earthside before the Breach. How widely is it practiced Earthside? How openly, now?

All magic is (supposedly) regulated by the Guild. However, the power of Wyrd isn't nearly as strong as it is in Malifaux.

3.) Speaking of which, will we get to hear more about the Soulstone Wars and the forming of the Guild? I realize it's history to the current residents, but with this much magic floating around, some old vets might still be around...

Not sure what all the future holds, but Nick and I have talked about this a bit. We're planning on possibly working on a story on how and why the Breach was first opened and what happened after that.

I'll answer what I can.

Yay, muchly appreciated. I know we're still early in the process, I'm just fishing for what I can find out.

All magic is (supposedly) regulated by the Guild. However, the power of Wyrd isn't nearly as strong as it is in Malifaux.

So sorcerers operate openly? Do they operate openly with governments, or separate from them, or secretively, or replace them, or what? How close to the 'real world' is Malifaux's Earthside? I'd presume, with magic as a known quotient, that technology at the very least would be different...