Oh no......

joshuaslater

It's been a while since I perused the forums here at Wyrd, but from what I'm reading and seeing in the online store, I'm'a go broke buying all the good stuff coming out!!!!

I've been playing Savage Worlds for a good stretch now with my Sunday crew, and we're having a blast playing a fantasy rpg. I can see the whole Wyrd line being useful for Deadlands and many other Savage Worlds settings.

I've been collecting a few of Wyrd's models over the last couple of years, but now with the Malifaux game coming, the discounted warband packs, and my interest in other genres, I can see this becoming an addiction.

I've also been playing a lot of Spinespur, and the crossover of Wyrd's models could see them doing double duty.

Sigh.

There are a lot of similarities between Spinespur and Malifaux though Malifaux is no where near as dark and twisted. It certainly is pg13 as opposed to NC17 the way Spinespur is.

I think you are right that a lot of the Wyrd minies can play double duty. Not to cast aspersions ComfyChair's way but the Wyrd figures are just so much prettier. I think I would have gotten a lot further into Spinespur if the figures looked as good as Wyrd's do.

Have fun with your empty wallet. I'm on the fast track there with you!

Dig. The Wyrd line is off the hook, and by that I mean every model, from the grunts to the characters is top notch. I like Merv, and enjoy Spinespur for what it is, but I like where Wyrd is going with their thing. I think 2009 I'll be going Wyrd. By the time I get a unit deal or two, a few blisters here and there, the rulebook may come out and I'll be ready to throw down.

I'm not in the habit of rushing people so I'll just kick back, budget for the models, paint, and wait. It's all good.