Beta Testers read!

EricJ

Agreed, definitely looking forward to this. I'm busting my @ss this week trying to get my girlfriend's Lillith warband painted for her birthday, and we might just be able to put it to good use if we get back from our trip with some time to spare. I just hope I don't sleep all weekend though, I've been averaging about 4-5 hours of sleep a night over the past 3-4 days and don't think thats going to change until I get this done.

Edited by thetang22

So does that mean don't worry if we don't see anything untill Wednesday instead of today?

Well, Eric said it was supposed to be up yesterday. Then we had the tech difficulties yesterday and last night he wrote that message, saying that because of the days tech difficulties don't expect it until 'tomorrow,' which should actually be today now, so we should be seeing stuff today.

Definitely looking forward to this one. St. Anger, you going to be at DW on Thursday?

Thursdays are kind of out of the picture from here until December... I have an evening project status call for an exercise that I am participating in.

I might be able to work out other times, if I have enough notice...

Alrighty, ya'll should have access now. I've tried out a new forum permission that allows me to keep better track of ya'll (a whole bunch and bunch of ya'll) so please holler in the 'check in' thread back there.

If for some reason the new forum 'Beta Testers' doesn't show up for ya'll, just holler, just means I have to tweak the Usergroup Settings (I think I flipped all the right switches, just don't mess with this part of the software often).

• 2 weeks later...
Any news about the beta testing?

Well, I can't officially speak for Nathan and Eric, but progress is being made and we are finding things that are needing tweaked and clarified, but things are looking good so far, and it looks like we will have a nice product when we get that finished shine put on Malifaux.

Eric and company have definitely done a great job getting the rules to the point that they are right now, and great job to the testers so far for finding things to fine tune. We are doing our best to break the system so that anything of concern can be addressed before production and doesn't slip through into the final release.

I haven't had as much chance to test as some of the other testers, but you can take my word for it that there is some cool stuff in there.

I'll let Eric take it from there if he wants to give any specific information.

Edited by thetang22

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally have computer access again after almost a month of being offline. Computer issues at work and a fried hard drive at home. Yay, I can surf again!

Eric, I will get those NDA's off to you tomorrow, so I can get me some access, and get my guys going this weekend.

• 2 months later...

The Beta is a closed Beta yes.

However if you contact EricJ and fill out the necessary paperwork you may be allowed to join up at this point.

We are a considerable way into the process but new insights are always a good thing to have.

By they way, welcome to the forums. You should post a thread in the introductions forum. That way you can be regaled and made fun of by the community at large. (I'm really the only one who seems to make the odd comments. Everyone here is really quite nice.)