The Genre Challenge!

supervike

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well no worries .. any of you guys wanting to try some of the GW stuff , chaos Nids, orks, inquisition etc let me know and I'll send you a couple of pieces . Being an ex GW manager I have an overabundance of the stuff.

maybe we could even set up a mini exchange type deal to push out of comfort zones..

I have been experimenting a lately now I'm painting again and a few of the pieces I had sent from last times IP are certainly genre breaking for me . I too have a few larger scale things to play with including the full set of David Lobos excellent gnome type sculpts..

These are just great.

http://www.creacionestaburi.com/

also decided to really challenge myself and step into a new realm for me at GD tis year with a LOTR single mini.. I feel naked.

If people are wanting to do the 'darker' side of GW I have a partially prepared Skulltaker (got rid of most mould lines only, no undercoat/pinning) that I might be willing to offer if peeps want to do an exchange type of thing (excuse me while I look up mini exchange on CMON to see what it actually is).

[edit] Sounds pretty cool actually.

Edited by 350kilotons

maybe we could even set up a mini exchange type deal to push out of comfort zones..

I assume you mean an unpainted mini exchange, (not the typical paint a mini and send it to someone drawn drawn randomly from the pool of participants) so people can get ahold of minis they wouldnt normally think about or necessarily have access to. I think that's a great idea. I'm gonna go start a post for it.

I assume you mean an unpainted mini exchange, (not the typical paint a mini and send it to someone drawn drawn randomly from the pool of participants) so people can get ahold of minis they wouldnt normally think about or necessarily have access to. I think that's a great idea. I'm gonna go start a post for it.

That'the one.. doe it on CMON a few times and got some strange and different models from it...

Excellent work, Brushmistress. The only thing is the long service stud on his forehead looks a bit 'warty'. That takes it down to just a 9.4 from me, I'm afraid. The paintscheme is really well done, very battle-scarred and nice aged NMM. It's just a shame it's such a generic commemorative mini really.

The only thing is the long service stud on his forehead looks a bit 'warty'.

I'd suspect that was on purpose- if you don't paint 40K much (and therefore likely aren't too familiar with the fluff) those long service studs would look a lot like warts on the model.

That's really wierd Demonherald! I'm sorry you can't see him.

On the "service stud", the only reason I left that little nob on there is because it's on the GW promo picture for the mini. It didn't seem flappy enough to be either flash or leftover injection spots, so I just left the darned thing. :o: Thanks for the comments already guys - I think I've only painted 5 or 6 40K pieces to "showcase" quality since 2000, and to say I'm unfamiliar with the model's assembly/cleaning is an understatement!

Any thoughts on what It could be guys .. no pic showing up on my screen at all????? yeah iv got a thought best thing to do with it is to close it up open the door and volly it down the street.....ha.ha...very nice job brushmistress i like your nmm im just about to put the brush to mine but it seems a bit miss shaped around the neck and shoulders.....

well I've cleaned the bugger , done all the usual clean up's virus checks etc and the bugger still isn't coming up .. and I can't access jess's site....:(

Just so you're not all left out in the cold:

spacemarine-20080708-144047.jpg

posted to a space i have control of.

Edited by goblyn13
for bigger image