What FACTS would you like to know!

EricJ

ok, so as the wyrd chronicles #2 draws closer, we're going to give up a few more secrets about this game we've been working on. So the question is...what do you want to know?!

Look for answers to any and all questions in the Wyrd Chronicles #2...if I get enough questions that is...

What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?

African or European?

Any chance we could see some more setting stuff to help those of us looking to make terrain?

What's the background behind the arcanists and resurrectionists?

Any background on the cosmology of Malifaux?

More fluff about the various factions and characters.

More on the interfaction relationships i.e. how well does lady justice know about say the ortegas and her opinions of them.

More on the game rules. If not specifics, then abstractions and sort of how a game will "flow".

If the we are using cards, could you go into details about what kind. My mind has been burning up since I saw the "Ace of Rams" in Wyrd Cronicles #1.

More on mercs and what they mean to other factions.

More fluff in general, this setting facinates me.

And... and... um... uh... er... Nee!!

A preview of the core system (will there be statistics for the troops like movement, bow skill etc), an overview of how magic interacts with the world and to echo Tenebrae fluff on the factions, an overview and details of alliances like the quick stuff on the Rackham shop in the army descriptions.

And another big painting article from Demonherald, the golem article rocked.

Maybe a print on demand version of the rules if a full print run is not financially viable (after you get that card set printed, playing poker with it should be cool!).

I've always pronounced it Shay-mus.

Kind of raises an interesting question about some of the other names. This is how I pronounce them:

Nicodem - Nick-o-dem

Sonnia - Son-ya

Samael - Sam-i-el

Sybelle - Sib-el

Ramos - Ray-mos

Taelor - Tay-lor

Misaki - Mee-sockee

Hamelin - Ham-len

Killjoy - Bob :D

How far off am I on those?

I've always pronounced it Shay-mus.

Kind of raises an interesting question about some of the other names. This is how I pronounce them:

Samael - Sam-i-el

Killjoy - Bob :D

How far off am I on those?

I agree with most of those although I suspect its

Sama-el -- after the archangel Sammael.

I've always said ..

RAM-os

and ME-SAK-EE

but the others I agree with except..Killjoy he's FAT BA&*%$D

we sat at one of the 5 so far Irish weddings not too long back with a guy called Seamus and funny enough he wore a top hat and tails had big rosy cheeks and sideburns.. will dig a piccie out I'm sure we have one... was kinda eery..

A favorite author of mine once wrote this in the last paragraph of an Author's Note at the end of one of her novels:

Quite a few people have asked how to pronounce various names. My reply: Any-old-how you want. Most are spoken just the way they look. More or less. Whatever sounds good to you is fine with me, and probably fine with the characters as well. After all, they're not exactly in a position to complain.

:D

I'm sure this is in response to some of her more unusual character names like Sioned, Ianthe, Camigwen, Malyander, Izaea, and others.

I think this is Vike's own pronounciation guide:

Misaki - "Boo-bees"

Perdita - "mooorr boo-bees"

Lilith- "gawds - thaaat alotta boo-bees"

Lady Justice - "bo-ing"

A favorite author of mine once wrote this in the last paragraph of an Author's Note at the end of one of her novels:

I'm sure this is in response to some of her more unusual character names like Sioned, Ianthe, Camigwen, Malyander, Izaea, and others.

I think this is Vike's own pronounciation guide:

Misaki - "Boo-bees"

Perdita - "mooorr boo-bees"

Lilith- "gawds - thaaat alotta boo-bees"

Lady Justice - "bo-ing"

using that logic.

Killjoy -- "mooo-beeees"