arcanist skirmish groups and the Guild

thetang22

Much like the title asks - are there any arcanist groups in the works? That is the group I'm probably most anxious to see form.

I also can't help but notice the prominent representation the Guild has so far, with 3 skirmish sets available already. I also notice a similarity in the makeup of each Guild skirmish group:

They all consist of a group of guys lead by a buxom heroine.

Is this intentional or just coincidence for the Guild? I know that sex appeal sells well, but I found it curious that every one of the 3 Guild skirmish sets is set up that way.

as far as I know only the marshalls are lead by a woman tough. (you are being misguided by the icons :P I wish there were faction and group symbols for those, but then I am a nutter for faction and group symbols)

perdita is part of the neverbornhunters group, but not its leader. (I think that would be either francisco or santiago.)

nor is sonia (tough Im not 100% sure, but Im pretty sure sonnia and samael are equal partners.)

as for similar composition.

all groups except the neverbornhunters follow a 1-1-3 system (1 being a single named individual, 3 being 3 unnamed minions.) technically meaning that so far the guild has most diversity in its layout actually ;)

(actuall, the 1-1-3 system can be further spread out into an 1A-1B-3C and an 1A-1B-3B system, the latter being Marshalls, madhatter's and Lilith's group , the prior being the Undertaker's and the witch hunter's group.)

Im obviously a bit bored...

The arcanists still need filled out but it looks like it will probably be groups led by Rasputina, Ramos, and Marcus. Parts of the groups are already there (Rasputina and the ice golem, Marcus and his sabertooth, Ramos and spiders) but they still need some little guys to fill them in.

AFAIK Perdita and Sonnia are the leaders of their groups, so all the guild groups so far are led by women. That's cool though cause in my opinion they are the better looking models and more fun to paint :D

it also has been hinted in the past what each group will consist of, however, a later preview at the current state of affairs allready showed some changes (as in some of the characters that went with groups are now apparently among mercenaries.)

specifically the arcanist :

Rasputina, Ice Golem and her Frostbiters

Marcus, Sabertooth Cerebus and .... (Dr Moreau anyone?)

Ramos, Injun Joss, Steamborg Executioner Class, Arachnid Swarm, and others ..

I think what will go with rasputina is allready decided, as it seems to be a specific name :)

nevertheless you cant really tell from the name what frostbiters are. (but I expect it to be a 1-1-3 pattern, comparable to lilith's group.)

injun joss went mercenary (if I remember correctly.) wich is good as I hope ramos his group will be 1-1-1-1-1 but apart from himself nothing being organic nor (perfect) humanoid, maybe in the least some heavily modificated assistant (tough now, that seems to be Leveticus his thing ;)) but a collection of random experimental clockwork inventions.

I somehow expect marcus to also still have the moreau theme going on apart from the sabretooth cerebus.

Im personally going for at least a group in each faction ;) (and so far, have, apart from the neverborn and obviously the arcanists, still need to get some more of lilith's brood :))

The Guild groups are led by women at the moment. Didn't start out that way but ended up that way after a few decisions. There is a male counterpart in the planning who will be a regular billy-badass but that isn't in the plans for this year as we've got the other factions to build up.

To answer your question specifically, the Arcanists are being built up at this moment, as well as another group for the Neverborn which should see release at GenCon and completed just shortly after. A rather mean addition to Ramos's group is being started on next week.

Other than that, its build up and flesh out at the moment. Some of these have been in the works for awhile though so thus the reason why you'll see certain factions flesh out quicker.