more skirmish sets with existing minis?

I was curious if their will be more skirmish sets made available using any of the existing minis. I can imagine there will be skirmish sets made with new minis because I think a lot of the new designs are being based around small cohesive skirmish groups in Malifaux. I love the idea of buying a small skirmish group that is balanced and ready to play (once I've painted it of course). However, there are definitely some of the older miniatures I would like to see made available in these groups even more than the current skirmish deals.

There are the obvious faction separations which is a good start for knowing what goes where, but Nathan wrote in a different post some information that looked like it was specific skirmish groups even within the factions:

• Undertaker, Mortimer and Samurai Punks
  • Madhatter, Sybelle and the Rotten Belles
  • Morgue Master, Sebastian and some gruesome dead (including Killjoy)
  • The Ortega Gunslingers (Guild Hunters of Neverborn)
  • Judge, Justice and the Death Marshals (Guild Hunters of Necros)
  • Sonnia, Samael and the Witchling Stalkers (Guild Hunters of Magi)
  • Rasputina, Ice Golem and her Frostbiters
  • Marcus, Sabertooth Cerebus and .... (Dr Moreau anyone?)
  • Ramos, Injun Joss, Steamborg Executioner Class, Arachnid Swarm, and others ..
  • Lilith, mature Nephilim and terrors tot Nephlim .. etc
  • Zulikha the Hag, Wallokh 'Big mud' and Bayou Gremlins ... etc
  • Pandora, Candy, Kade and other Woes to be announced (as in kids and stuff).

And others and so on and and so forth. Several will be going within the mercenary faction as well though not all the ones I haven't bothered to mentioned will be as a few of them will be joining the groups above as well. I'm still doing some playing around with them and more to the point, I can't tell ya everything.

Are these groups that aren't official yet any closer to being officially playable skirmish groups than when Nathan made the original post, and if so, what are the chances that we will see some of them becomes skirmish group sets for order? Examples: Rasputina and her group, or Panodora and her woes? Are we to expect more unreleased minis to go within these skirmish groups and that is why they aren't offered as skirmish sets yet?

I'm just trying to decide what my 2nd skirmish set is going to be to go against Seamus and his Belles. I'm not super crazy about any of the other current skirmish sets available (I like Lilith, but don't want to get her right now). I really like the idea of a Rasputina skirmish group but don't want to invest in minis that I "think" will go in her skirmish group until I know for sure.

The Judge and Justices look like a safe bet (or the Ortegas). Heck, Seamus and the Ortegas fight it out in the newsletter. ;)

The Ortegas already are a Skirmish group deal and have been verified that they will work in Malifaux as a fully functional skirmish group. I also mentioned that I believe all the new stuff coming out (Judge, Justice, and their minions, etc.) will be playable skirmish groups because thats the way the design of the minis seems to be going.

However, certain groups in those lists aren't "official" skirmish groups yet, such as Rasputina"s group (basically the older miniatures). Those are the ones I'm curious about - are they going to become part of official skirmish groups or not?

Several of the older miniatures that are within true factions (not just Mercs) will find themselves bolstered with additional miniatures which will then turn them into a true skirmish group.

Pandora will get another Woe as well as a heavy hitter, concepts are being worked on right now. Rasputina has a group of minions that will likely get finalized in the next month or so and her henchman is being reworked right now and then she too will become a full group.

You've got others also that are in the mercenary 'faction' which will become a group until themselves as well, though they will get built up a touch slower - for instance, Leveticus has a companion that has just been finished and Ramos has a very large and mean heavy hitter that has made concept and has been passed off to a sculptor.

So, short answer, yes, there is still some building to do with the groups, but yes, it will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
I am DYING to know, will the rat catcher be a merc, or will he be part of a faction?

He is my favorite, and I am hoping to kind of tailor some purchases around factions, without buying one of the constructed boxes.

Last month there was a renumbering in the store that has put all the existing minis into the associated factions and the rat catcher got placed over into the assorted and motley mercenary crew.

SKU WYR5006 <-- 5xxx is the mercenary numbering.