2 player or more?

thetang22

I was wondering if Malifaux is going to be strictly 1 on 1, or if it plans to have rules for bigger group games. My current plan is to buy and prepare 2 of the different factions to be ready for when the game rules are released. However, I've got a few family and friends that I think would possibly enjoy this game, especially if we could play all at once in a big game. We did the same thing with Magic the Gathering years ago - We would often have quick 1 on 1 games, but it was really fun when we would get a big group game going.

Well, every minis game can be played in some way or another as a multi-player game. Whether teams or free for all, or whatever it's a possibility. Just depends on how the rules are set up and what lends itself to multiplaying...

I've played waaaay too many minis games in my day, so if you need some tips on how to go about it let me know.

Well, every minis game can be played in some way or another as a multi-player game. Whether teams or free for all, or whatever it's a possibility. Just depends on how the rules are set up and what lends itself to multiplaying...

I've played waaaay too many minis games in my day, so if you need some tips on how to go about it let me know.

Well, I appreciate your offer, but I'm wondering if there will be any official plans to make it multiplayer or basic 1 on 1. I'm sure I'll be able to incorporate some multiplayer options if none are offered in the official rule set, and I've already got some general plans for a campaign setup (well, the story progression anyway - which I'm sure will change pretty drastically after seeing the rules and any fluff that may come with them).

I'm just kinda interested in lots of current development details since it is being kept pretty secret right now - just makes me all the more curious :).

ok, just because I'm in Australia doesn't mean I can't read the internet!!!

But, yes, while right now we're focusing on rules for 1 on 1 play, I think that that we would really like to iron out multiplayer and campaign rules as well. Not sure if those will be in the first printing in of the rules, but if they're not, they'd likely be in our first supplement :)

And I did think this up and type this with no help from the missus...mostly... (don't tell her I claimed that)