GenCon Indy 08

Larkin Vain

The simple answer is that they both do! Basically while we have been releasing only 1 henchman and 3-4 minions per master, that isn't where we're going to stop, it was just our goal to get done before the game is released so that all the masters are playable with minis that work with them. In this case, we loved both sets of concepts so much that we just went a little beyond and made them both, even though they're both initially associated with the hag.

What is this?!? Do what ever you want? Reguardless to the proper balance of the aligned moons and without any thought to the pewter gods?! Have you even made an animal sacrifice yet? This will cast a huge upset that will destroy the world as we know it... or just make this game reallly cool... I haven't really done the research yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Bugger! I not only missed the Wyrd shenanigans at the Claddagh, but was actually AT the Claddagh while it was supposed to have been happening!! I also managed to go by the booth, spend time talking to people there and discovering Wyrd/Malifaux, and somehow missed that there was actually a playable demo happening.

I phail @ Gencon.

Sadly I think PP has a permanent stranglehold on the RAM during Gencon, they have there first get together there on wednesday and then have it booked both thursday and friday night with friday being there Press ganger event I believe so it by invitation only.

FWIW I'm real close buddies with the PP Quartermaster (guy who runs their volunteers, the Press Gang), and can tell you that the Ram/PP thing is as much by fanboi consensus as it is official PP event coordination. They did a big cross-merchandising thing back in '05 and the Ram has been milking it ever since, but the place isn't ever "reserved" for them. Lots of PP fans do hang there, though. But the PG event moves from year to year. This year, f'rinstance, it was at Rock Bottom instead.

In case you're looking ahead to plan for something next year, fwiw you could do worse than the Ram. They're clearly GenCon friendly, have pretty good food at reasonable prices, and a great drinks selection. That having been said, the Claddagh is far superior, but also more expensive, smaller, and I don't know that they usually do reservations.