GenCon Indy 08

Larkin Vain

We'll be there naturally.

We've got a double booth with a corner this year, much more professional layout as Casey (Eric's lovely lady) has been doing conventions and setups for a number of years so we've handed that over to her.

Should have advanced beta available for game demoing in the booth with a couple of tables, that's being worked on right now. 'Might' possibly have advanced copies available as well but that's putting the cart before the horse.

Naturally we'll be doing the Paint and Take for folks out in the hallways as well as hosting three Speed Paint's at 4pm T-F-S with Sue and her crew.

We'll be sponsoring a manufacturing prize package for the GenCon Painting Contests for the best painted Wyrd mini so get started on that.

And we'll be brining back the 'Support Wyrd for a Mini' this year, which is basically that if you show up at the convention wearing one of our shirts (even if you bought it last year) we'll give you a free miniature at the booth for taking the time to stop by, say hello, and for visually showing your support.

Think that is about it, might be more that gets added as we get closer but that is all still up in the air and subject to debate behind th scenes.

And we'll be brining back the 'Support Wyrd for a Mini' this year, which is basically that if you show up at the convention wearing one of our shirts (even if you bought it last year) we'll give you a free miniature at the booth for taking the time to stop by, say hello, and for visually showing your support.

Any chance of getting any new shirts added? say maybe Perdita, Lilith, or the Mature Nephilim?

Ok, lets lay it down.

The only thing better than The Best Four Days of Gaming is The Best Four Days of Gaming and beer.

Are there any plans for a Wyrd Community after hours get together?

We'll have the bartender mix us up a few Neverborns, it'll be fun.

Last year when I attended, I also went to the City of Heroes Meet and Greet which was across the street from the convention center at a place called Alcatraz. Something like that might be fun but at the very least I think we should get together at a bar or something. I'd love to meet all the talented people I see that compete in the Wyrd Competitions.

There's at least one round of drinks on me.

That could be an awful lot of drinks even in one round. :D

Yup, we're planning a get together, though where, when, what, who, how is still up in the air. We'll probably see about planning it out by the end of this month and then make an announcement about it so that folks can make plans.

If you've got suggestions about times and locations, feel free to holler it out. This early on I can probably go ahead and call and get something set up. Thinking Friday or Saturday will be best.

That could be an awful lot of drinks even in one round. :D

You're right. I better not put my wallet on the bartop until I know how many people are going to be there!

I understand The Ram is a popular place to meet up, after the convention. I think the Privateer Press guys meet there. I've never been to it, however.

Zac, over at TGN is also planning some drinks on Saturday night. I'd like to shake his hand and buy him a drink at some point.

You're right. I better not put my wallet on the bartop until I know how many people are going to be there!

I understand The Ram is a popular place to meet up, after the convention. I think the Privateer Press guys meet there. I've never been to it, however.

Zac, over at TGN is also planning some drinks on Saturday night. I'd like to shake his hand and buy him a drink at some point.

Sadly I think PP has a permanent stranglehold on the RAM during Gencon, they have there first get together there on wednesday and then have it booked both thursday and friday night with friday being there Press ganger event I believe so it by invitation only.

Yeah, We're definitely planning a Wyrd get together, Last year we did things several nights, but Nathan and I found that after a solid 8 hours running the booth, and then going out every night, the whole thing was killing us, so I think we're going to limit our activity to just one night, and opt for getting to sleep earlier the other nights...

Friday is of course the obvious best day, due to it being on the start of the weekend, so people coming for just the weekend may be able to catch it, but also early in the event, so people can get to know each other before the thing is nearly over...but that said, it's also the obvious night for every other get together, so we'll likely have a ton of competition for people and space. I did like that Irish pub we went to last time, at least that one super-girly drink made the women happy! But the food was good and a nice place overall. Just an idea!

Claddagh is a great place. Always busy as is everything else around there. Friday night is Aces from 6:30 to 8pm, and judging for the paint competition starts at 9pm, though, so I do invite everyone to come to the Aces Charity Speed Paint on Friday and make fun of the silly painters before you go drinking--one of the few times you'll see me sitting down and captive to whatever you want to shout at me, and I think I'd rather have you do it sober. ;-)

• 3 months later...

We don't do exclusives as frankly that just pisses everyone off that can't get there and it is a very small majority of our business so we just do convention releases, which in this case will be several.

Convict Gunslinger (one with the pistols - sculpted by Steve Buddle)

Silurids (three of them, sculpted by Paul Muller)

Fire Base and Accessories (sculpted by Steve Saunders)

The Hag (sculpted by Paul Muller)

These will be released at the convention though it might be a bit slower in releasing to the webstore afterwards, we'll have to see how the stock holds up through the convention.