Club Challenge!

PaintMinion

Hey guys, it occurs to me that some people may have missed the announcement of the CLUB CHALLENGE part of the current Femme Fatale contest. So here's the info in a nutshell and post your smack and updates here at will...

I have asked Wyrd, on behalf of my own paint club the IMMPS (Illinois/Midwest Mini Painters Society) to host a Club Challenge for the current Femme Fatale contest.

"The IMMPS (Illinois/Midwest Mini painters Society) Paint Club challenges any and all other paint clubs to a duel of brushes! All members will paint and enter the same figure, and we will see which club has the golden touch, which clubs are left in the dust, and which clubs will be crying in their paint water next paint nite!"

~Sue wachowski, aka PaintMinion, IMMPS Chief

At this time, we issued the challenge directly to our traditional rivals, the Golden Goblins of Belgium, and they have accepted the Challenge. Also accepting are the Brushthralls!

Please feel free to join in the action, cheer your favorite teams, and don't forget to vote!

Nathan has laid down the law...

• A "Club" must have three or more registered members compete (meaning at least three separate individual entries from each club).
  • At the time of your entry upload, be sure to state your club name within the description (it will be removed before going public, but this will allow up to categorize on our end).
  • Club Challenge will be a separate category. Totally anonymous at time of judging and the top miniature of the Club Challenge category will take the honor for the entire club!
  • All entrants must paint the Pirate Queen from Freebooter. Feel free to convert and change the mini at will, but you must all start with the Pirate Queen.
  • Now, what do you get? Well bragging rights mostly, and a healthy ego boost, but the club that wins will have a box of goodies sent to them care of Wyrd which can then be distributed amongst the Club participants.

During the old Chick Challenge, we used to have a Club Challenge, a battle of the brushes that would start between the Golden Goblins and the IMMPS, and include clubs around the world. We think it's time to bring that tradition back!

Bring on your A+ painting game and try and prove your club has what it takes to call itself the best. We think it's IMMPS. Try and prove us wrong! :vb_devil:

We smack your faces with our painting brushes and challenge you paintnite partiers to paint...the Freebooter Pirate Queen! (PIR 003)! Tall pointy hat! Battle bikini! Sword AND Guns!

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/s...3/PIR003_1.jpg

Good Luck and Good Painting!

Great idea PaintMinion and best of luck with your challenge. Unfortunately my painting club consists of one member, me. Nice mini you've chosen though, I've always intended to paint her up myself one day. Something about them, but I've always loved the faces on Werner's women, unlike no other. Looking forward to seeing your version.

A "Club" must have three or more registered members compete (meaning at least three separate individual entries from each club).

Sadly, we're down to two entries so the BrushThralls no longer qualify as a club under the rules. Terarin and I are still going ahead with our entries however, so there will still be some "unofficial" competition on this challenge.

Come on people! If you have friends that can paint...If you have a store you regulalry go to, if you have email friends that you regularly share with and get crits from...you're a Club! Just gather up 3 people at brushpoint and get them painting for you!

Heck...Where's the Wyrd Club, Eric?!

Plenty of time to get cracking and finish a mini! All a club needs is one really good painter supported by two others who at least know which end of a brush to apply to the mini, and you have a chance at beating us! Slim chance though it may be. Oh, and the Golden Goblins, too.

Are you all scared of us?!

:tomato:

:tomato:

BAH!!! Too busy?!?? I'LL give those turkeys "too busy"!! Try formulating a new paint line while keeping up with the existing two, finalizing ReaperCon instructors, organizing ReaperCon classes and schedule, still keeping up with painting at work (overtime, anyone?)...and then, after you're exhausted and sick of miniatures and paint, going home to a new puppy to keep exercised and supervised, house to clean after the weekend because my parents are coming to visit next weekend, putting in at least a thousand words a week on my wanna-be novel (way too few but it's hard to find more moments for it right now) and (when I actually get a few seconds to sit down) organizing our WoW guild for raiding! Did I mention the puppy means I have to get up at 6:30 a.m. so I can't stay up late painting, either? :P Take THAT, "too busy" people!!!! I don't wanna hear it!! :D

--Anne ;)

p.s. sculpting is done on my entry, it's time for painting now! Eeep, only two weeks to get 'er done!

yeah, I'm thinking with the notice you might not find a whole ton of opposition...but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to your entries!! :D

However, if you did want to think about organizing a real focused "club challenge" contest, I'm sure wyrd would offer up the forum and bandwidth and voting mechanism (and maybe even some nice prizes, particularly if you picked a wyrd mini!) to make it happen. Perhaps drum up a few different clubs and independents, make sure everyone has plenty of planning time, and really have a contest! I bet we could get get a great showing in terms of both quality and quantity, and I'd even work to see if I could organize "Team Wyrd" :D

Yeah, we just didn;t get going fast enough...and we'd already had the mini picked out and ready for the next chick challenge...and thought we'd go with that as we'd already bought them and were just waiting on the contest to start up again. So yeah, next competition we'l do a Wyrd mini. Nathan, you should have beat me over the head and made me change that!

Meanwhile, My Pirate Queen is gorgeous. ;-)

Well I take some responsibility on that one for the fact that you approached me about the Club Challenge and then with everything going on, promptly lost track of it until a few days after the first announcement.

As for beating you over choosing a Wyrd ... I try not to do that for the simple fact I don't want to seem self serving as I really enjoy all entries into the contests. That having been said, a Wyrd mini would certainly pep me up.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Quantity might be just what it takes. I had 4 lined up, but only two members completed their figures. Thus...IMMPS must forfeit the Club Challenge. So...my guess is that only the Golden Goblins held up their club honor? I have always known they were great competitors!

Anyway, Nathan, I'm assuming that club entries where not enough members turned in entries will get relgated to the Fantasy or Duel or whatever category appropriate?