the green dots

I see the greeen dots related to users and highlighting it talks about reputation.

I see the little heck mark thing that says compliment another user.

I have clicked on more than a few.

But, as of yet still have not seen a single person add a dot...

How many clicks does it take to add a dot so to speak? Or perhaps the better question is

"what does it take to add dots?"

I see the greeen dots related to users and highlighting it talks about reputation.

I see the little heck mark thing that says compliment another user.

I have clicked on more than a few.

But, as of yet still have not seen a single person add a dot...

How many clicks does it take to add a dot so to speak? Or perhaps the better question is

"what does it take to add dots?"

Huh what????? :thinking:

The dots folks get for 'attaboys' basically from other folks. You get X amount of attaboys and then you get a dot. I think I'll actually tone the number down though as people rarely use them and then wonder why they don't get anything for it.

:D

Also been playing with the idea that if you reach a certain Rank and have a certain number of reputation points which shows that you've been active in the community and helpful (and of course set it up so that if you enter in contests you get X amount, win get X amount .. etc) then when you have enough points together, you can 'turn them in' for a coupon for the web store.

One of those things I've been wanting to work on for a bit but got put aside to work on other projects. Thanks for bringing it back up.

Attaboy!

Ahh, I have 10 pts total. Still only 1 dot though...

You could totally refine it nath so that it can involve painting comp winners, arcade legends, post freaks, shout wyrdos etc. Say, 50 rep points for winning a category in a wyrd comp, 5 pts for every "1st" you have in the arcade, 1pt for every 10 (or 100) posts and 1pt for every 50 shouts in the shout box or something. There are many avenues you can have this covering but I suppose its all time and effort really.

When I was starting this thread and asking the question, I was not trying to get Nathan to change how the system works, was just trying to get more insight into how the system works.

Personally, since the dots are supposedly about reputation amongst the crowd, I would not want to see dots earned based on whether you play arcade games and such.. I like the idea of dots being gained cause they took the time to help someone, give a tutorial, gave good constructive comments in either the gallery or forum, etc.. and the receiver of that decided it was worth giving the helper a thank you thru the dots.

That way, when I see lots of dots I know they were earned thank yous and not just cause I posted a lot or played an arcade game (which already gives icons for recognition)

DF,

To give them... looking at my post here as you read, off over to the right will see post #20 then a little check mark and then an exclamation point, all right above the join date and such. Well, that check mark is the thing to click to add to someones reputation points and the exclamation is used to complain on someone.

To check your current level, look way up at the top of the screen, way up where the WYRD GREEN LOGO is at the very top. In that connected menu bar you will see a link for USER CP. Click on that, and it will take you to your Control panel for yourself. smack in the middle will be any comments that people have mae to you thru clicking the chek mark. And just above that you will see where it talks ofyour running total, right now I have like 25 points.