Any new news on the beta rules?

Travis Syxx

Writing and rewriting. We've brought on a couple of seriously helpful fella's and their tearing it apart and working on it. I expect we'll have the beta available end of the year, early next, but want to make certain more is concrete than not.

Thanks for the interest, we'll just keep taking those baby steps before jumping and runnin'.

• 3 weeks later...

yep, the whips are out and the slave labor is slaving away! We tried to offer less whipping, but they said they liked it...but now I think I'm getting whip-elbow.

Anyway, we're definitely getting somewhere and I think it's looking great. I can't wait for the beta release either, but like Nathan mentioned, we want to make it something good and solid for you all to try out.

That is great news. I really can't wait to try this game out. The pieces ares starting to come together pretty well with the factions filling out more and more each day. Would be a great Chrismahankwanzakah present. Early or late that's fine. Keep us posted with any further updates. Even some teases as to what some of the game is like would be exciting to here about. Thanks for the hard work.

Travis

If I may ask, how will the grunts/characters work per say as far as customization. The witchlings for example, come with one with two swords, one with one sword and a pistol, and one with a sword and a flashy hand gesture will there be "load outs" as per infinity or more of a wargear thing like GW, no details, just would like a general idea.

I just make pretty miniatures. No clue myself.

:stupido: :vb_devil:

We'll get some information out to you folks here in the near future. Working on a few things that I want done in a certain way and when we get there, we'll start dropping some information, artwork and faction/power organizations on ya'll here in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are going well, though I've changed some things around in order to get momentum on certain aspects that we want to emphasis so instead of pushing for a beta at the moment, we're going to open it up to a closed Alpha testing here in the next couple of weeks, bringing on 5-10 closed play test groups who will test the core rules.

After we get their input and iron out a few more areas of interest and have the time to work on graphics, design and of course the rules, we'll take it into a closed Beta test in the next two to four months and then after that, we'll go into an open Beta to get a final run on everything before we send it to production.

Crawl before walk. Walk before Run. We're going to make certain we've got something of interest, and done right, so I'm willing to take a bit more time on this instead of rushing it out, even though I know quite a few of you are chomping to see what we've got going.

Anyhow, keep your eyes peeled for the Alpha Testers call here shortly.

Things are going well, though I've changed some things around in order to get momentum on certain aspects that we want to emphasis so instead of pushing for a beta at the moment, we're going to open it up to a closed Alpha testing here in the next couple of weeks, bringing on 5-10 closed play test groups who will test the core rules.

After we get their input and iron out a few more areas of interest and have the time to work on graphics, design and of course the rules, we'll take it into a closed Beta test in the next two to four months and then after that, we'll go into an open Beta to get a final run on everything before we send it to production.

Crawl before walk. Walk before Run. We're going to make certain we've got something of interest, and done right, so I'm willing to take a bit more time on this instead of rushing it out, even though I know quite a few of you are chomping to see what we've got going.

Anyhow, keep your eyes peeled for the Alpha Testers call here shortly.

Thanks for the info. I'm very eager:) Your models are truly works of art. I do have a couple I have not worked on because of basing issues. Will there be any finalization on bases for certain models?

FF,

Can you give us any idea as to how the current Wyrd minis will faction themselves up?

We know the Ortega Gunslingers are a group, and the Rotten Belles with Seamus, the Mad Hatter are a group - but are there any others?

I'm trying to put an order together, and while I'll be getting minis based on aesthetics, I certainly would like to flush out factions if possible, too.

Thanks,

Aaron

Well, lets see what we've got going at the moment or filling out here shortly in the next couple of months. Mind you, this isn't a complete list by far and I'm going to leave out some stuff cause I can.

• Undertaker, Mortimer and Samurai Punks
  • Madhatter, Sybelle and the Rotten Belles
  • Morgue Master, Sebastian and some gruesome dead (including Killjoy)
  • The Ortega Gunslingers (Guild Hunters of Neverborn)
  • Judge, Justice and the Death Marshals (Guild Hunters of Necros)
  • Sonnia, Samael and the Witchling Stalkers (Guild Hunters of Magi)
  • Rasputina, Ice Golem and her Frostbiters
  • Marcus, Sabertooth Cerebus and .... (Dr Moreau anyone?)
  • Ramos, Injun Joss, Steamborg Executioner Class, Arachnid Swarm, and others ..
  • Lilith, mature Nephilim and terrors tot Nephlim .. etc
  • Zulikha the Hag, Wallokh 'Big mud' and Bayou Gremlins ... etc
  • Pandora, Candy, Kade and other Woes to be announced (as in kids and stuff).

And others and so on and and so forth. Several will be going within the mercenary faction as well though not all the ones I haven't bothered to mentioned will be as a few of them will be joining the groups above as well. I'm still doing some playing around with them and more to the point, I can't tell ya everything.

:D

Besides, ya'll can get a good sneak peak on things to come and how they are lining up at the moment. Naturally these aren't the end all be all, but we're filling out the faction/powers for the game itself.