A child is born...

DaN

I had this really disturbing idea for a new mini last night. About a priest who becomes a Tzeentchian daemon vassal... Included is the story/dream I had... Be warned, it really is a bit weird.

It wasn’t fair, thought Kevin, as he rocked back in his cell…

He hadn’t meant to hit the boy that hard, and besides, everyone could see he was being picked on again. Those damn altar boys think they’re so clever. Once day he’d show them all – he’d get into the priesthood eventually, and then he’d show them. He pulled out the secret shard of glass he’d hidden in this cuff. He had been sent to the padded room again, and it was time to cut himself…

But this time something was different, his hatred for the altar boys was rising again, overflowing into something new and different. He looked at the criss-cross scars on his arms and wrists. They meant nothing – if they were meant to grab the Deacons attention they had failed. He needed to do something bigger and better. He hatred and again began to flow like a river now. He’d make them see… He raised the shard up to his forehead and began to press down, hard. He winced, and blood welled and ran down his face, running into his eyes and making everything seem red. He continued to carve. Soon, the pain faded away as he concentrated on his task – it was strange – he’d never felt so at peace. As he finished carving the rough triangle in his head, he reached up and began to pull at it, it took some effort, but soon a meaty slab of flesh came away in his fingers and he ran his fingers across the bare bone of his skull… But he wasn’t finished yet.

He had tried his WHOLE life to enter the priesthood, he knew his parents had sent him there as a last resort, as he was too stupid to do a “proper” job, but he’d never quite managed to pass the tests, and now he had become a figure of fun amongst his peers. But maybe he could achieve something none of them could, the glass began to scratch slivers as he continued to trace the triangle in his skull… Maybe he could reach the ears of God in this new way. He had never sensed a connection before, and his faith was almost spent, but he had an epiphany; although Initiate Kevin Strauss would never have called it that. The glass continued it’s grisly task as he worked feverishly, staring blankly at the door of his cell as the blood seeped down through his unblinking eyes.

Eventually, he began to feel the bone buckle and wobble beneath the edge of the shard, and he scratched until he could prise the roughly hewn triangle away to fall next to the flesh beside him. His faith was strong – he was sure he could hear a voice, although it was fuzzy and indistinct – maybe now God could reach him – he was talking directly to Kevin now! All he had to do was find the correct part of brain. Kevin pressed the glass through the triangular gap in his head – it was just about big enough for two of his fingers to reach through. It was as though he was being guided – he knew exactly what part to cut out, and what to avoid. His hand guided the glass edge precisely as he reached the correct area of his frontal lobe. Suddenly there was a flash and everything became clear.

“My Son!” Kevin dropped the glass and sat up onto his knees, pressing his hands together in prayer – he’d done it! He was hearing the very voice of God!

“My Son, you have reached me” said the voice. It was deep and metallic, and sounded as though it was comprised of many millions of voices all speaking as one.

“My Lord!” Answered Kevin reverently, his hands pressed tightly together, he started to weep “Oh My Lord, I had almost lost hope!”

“I know my son. And Lo, I came to you in your hour of need. You have served me faithfully all these years, and you are blessed.”

Kevin was overcome with joy and rapture, “Oh My Lord! How I have waited for this day! I am your faithful and loving servant!”

“My Beloved son. Yes. But you have not finished. I have a gift to bestow upon thee. I will guide you.”

And Kevin’s hand picked up the shard of glass again.

It was dinner time and Father Thomas carried the dinner tray down towards the cell. He was getting fed up of Initiate Strauss and his stupidity. If he was Deacon he’d have thrown the boy out years ago. He reached the door and unlocked it, the tray held in his other arm. As he opened the door he dropped the tray in disgust

“Oh father Thomas! Praise be! Look! I have been bestowed a gift! By our Lord!” Said Kevin, turning toward the priest. There was blood everywhere, and Kevin held something cradled in his arms. “Oh come, won’t you worship him…?” Kevin lifted his arms for the priest to see.

Father Thomas turned away and was violently sick outside of the cell door.

“Oh father…” Said Kevin disappointedly… “How could you be so rude to our saviour?” Blood continued to trickle from his hollowed skull as Kevin rose and smiled at the cursed brain-infant in his arms – it’s developing limbs twitched spasmodically “How could you not praise the immaculate child of our Lord Tzeentch?”

The Figure design I envisioned was of a figure in priests robes, cradling his own semi-attached brain in his arms, but which was half brain-half foetus. YUCK tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...