Ritual broke my tables!

"Ritual is a jewel in the rough" seems to be the alternative text to the green thingies he has under his post number and unfortunately this is what my browser displays instead of the picture. I only have this problem with Ritual and reloading the page does not help it in any way. Am I the only one with this problem? If not, could you check the code on your side, Nathan?

As a little help, I use Firefox 1.5.0.12.

It's not his avatar, it's the green dots.

I fixed the problem by completely clearing my cache. Best guess I have is that for some reason the page stopped loading exactly when the green dot graphics should have loaded and cached an incomplete image file that could not be rendered as an image, thus displaying the alternate text every time after trying to load it from the cached gave an unexpected result.

I base this on absolutely nothing except the fact that clearing the cache has solved my problem.

... I could have thought of that sooner.

I had a similar problem before where Nathan's avatar, Cindy's avatar and all the images on the main page plus some asorted stuff on other sites (including a css file on a Swedish news site) wouldn't load, whereas all other things loaded just fine. I also solved it by clearing the cache.

I like the little sayings that show when you hold the pointer on them:

"Frustrated Father has a reputation beyond repute"

"Ritual is a jewel in the rough"

"supervike is a glorious beacon of light"

"Duende will becme famous soon enough"

"Mosch is on a distinguished road" (Or anyone with only one dot)

I'm gonna be famous? Sweet!

:D

Maybe I missed something, but what determines these dots for everyone?

- Thanks

People have to add to your reputation and can do it for various reasons. For example, someone (no idea who) added to my reputation since I'll be tackling painting a dragon soon.

To add to someone's reputation, look for the box at the top of the post header that had a checkmark and an X. You can click on that to add to someone's reputation if you want.