New Alien race from Zombiesmith: The Quarc

Quar: Rhyfler Maerch

maerch2.jpg

maerch1.jpg

$ 5.00

28mm scale (22mm to the shoulder.)

Separate arms, head and backpack as well as an extra grenades and pack.

(Colors by paint monkey and irate squirrel) Sculpted by: Aaron Brown

Our first model is of Rhyfler Maerch, 2nd Battalion, 42nd Catrawd (“Alykinder’s Daggers”). Maerch had been a Rhyfler in the light infantry for close to 18 months at the time of this sculpt. He was later killed along with most of the 42nd at the Battle of Shayl’s Crossing during the Halfshin Offensive. Ryf. Maerch is pictured here in standard light infantry fatigues and equipped with a Bogen 12-mm semi-automatic rifle and type 2 “twist and throw” grenade, all standard issue for the period. Note that Ryf. Maerch is wearing a more common combat boot instead of the trench boot recorded as standard, a result of shortages on the Eastern Front.

Link to some more fluff

(If you are in the US and ordering Quar figures only: please use the special Quar shipping rate during checkout! Currently USPS minimum seems to be $5.00 for the rest of the world for non-letter items, so no special rate for those scattered around the world. Sorry!)

More info:

http://www.zombiesmith.com/pages/quar-fluff

Guest Eastern Front Studios

Vince yep you got it. and the style he did the nazi type evil guys..sorta roundish, lol funny you mention snarf my pal and I were re-reading Elmores snarfquest the other night..the gagglezoomer killed me. lol

Vince yep they have been around awhile good stuff indeed..Fineous Fingers minis also always go for a goodly amount..now if we could nail down Tramp to do "Wormy" again or his stuff in minis that would really be cool.

Vikey lolol I agree some of the movie is pretty bizarre, but overall I liked it..now for the really good old anime watch Fire and Ice its a A+ ;)

lol yeah the good little midget wizard says to his older brother who is the tall evil half lich wizard in the movie. I got something mom never taught you..pulls out a luger and blasts him..classic

well Vince now Im going to have to sit down and watch it again..I keep thinking I dont recall the wizards actually doing any magic in the movie..it was set like in the far future and the bad guy had his movie projector which really caused major havoc((hitlers speeches..the stukas etc))..another funny part was the 2 guys in red and one thinks his pal was killed and he wasnt and then he shoots him lol remember that?

Vikey yeah the LOTR animated first movie.((.they managed 2 total)), was annoying in the fact how they did part of the movie animation of real people not so bad when its done well like in Fire and Ice but the orcs etc were really dark and almost hurriedly looking finished..the Hobbit was well done.

My dad took me to see Wizards when I was fairly young, I found it pretty amusing. Enjoyed it still at a rep theatre some years later, but there's a certain nostalgia factor for me I expect. Ending is brilliant, though, no doubt!

I like the animated Last Unicorn, but I like the book so much better, there's a sense of playfulness with language and fairy tale conventions to the book that gets me every time, I think it's a masterpiece. (Ditto Princess Bride - good movie, superb book.) My husband keeps hearing rumours that they're trying to redo Last Unicorn as a live action film with a lot of the same actors that did the voices, but I'm not sure it seems like it's going anywhere.

My dad took me to see Wizards when I was fairly young, I found it pretty amusing. Enjoyed it still at a rep theatre some years later, but there's a certain nostalgia factor for me I expect. Ending is brilliant, though, no doubt!

I like the animated Last Unicorn, but I like the book so much better, there's a sense of playfulness with language and fairy tale conventions to the book that gets me every time, I think it's a masterpiece. (Ditto Princess Bride - good movie, superb book.) My husband keeps hearing rumours that they're trying to redo Last Unicorn as a live action film with a lot of the same actors that did the voices, but I'm not sure it seems like it's going anywhere.

Well let me put it this way. Peter S. Beagle was at the convention I was at this weekend and I asked about that. There is a company in Germany I beleive that does in fact has the rights but very much do not have their act together. Of the "cast list" the only person they had even talked to last Peters buisness manager had heard was Christoper Lee and after the script he'd seen proposed they were incredibly unimpressed. I'm pretty sure they're actually trying to get the rights back so they can end up in the hands of someone who'll actually do a decent job on it.

I just watched Wizards again technically not great but pretty good for when it was made.. I would say the nazi theme was still pretty heavily in ever ones mind and influenced several movies in the 70's..still not sure what to make out of the whole thing as it is a bit preachy at times now I watched it with new eyes.Im wondering if this was what it was or maybe a statement to the war in Vietnam that had just ended.