Hi, I'm Duende and I'm a Wyrd-o!

Duende

I wasn't sure where to write this but I figured I may as well formally introduce myself even though I've been a member of this site for over a year.

Hi! I'm Duende, also know as Michelle, and I've been painting minis on an on-and-off basis since about 2001 when I got a hold of some GW Swooping Hawks (I thought the wings looked cool) and have been buying minis ever since. I did at one point have an 5000+ army but it's since been disbanded and sold off through eBay. Right now, I have the affliction of buying minis at a much faster rate than I paint, but I can't help myself. I like seeing all kinds of different manufacturers and getting whatever minis they have that strike my fancy.

I found CoolMini's site early on, waaay back when the main page was only a picture and a place to vote (aeons ago!). I found the Wyrd site basically through Nathan telling me about it, back when he first put it together. I had always liked the stories he included with his mini pics over at CMON (yes, he did used to paint at one point!) and mentioned he was creating his own fansite where he would be putting his minis with more expanded stories (still waiting for that to happen ;))

Recently though, my gallery at CMON has disappeared due to an expired subscription to my photo hosting site (it wasn't Photobucket), so I've begun posting the pictures which I saved from that site here in my new Wyrd Gallery. I'd appreciate some comments, if you have the time, or you can just point and laugh at my meager attempts! ;) Here's the linky: Duende's Gallery (Warning: Nudity!)

I'll be adding more later! Please check back!

:)

Hah! I might get around to painting and writing again - working towards it.

Good stuff and pleased to see the introductions and the recent use and uploads going into the members galleries. Feel free to use them folks like Duende (and Hinton and others) have, I'm about to remove the limit on how much space can be used.

Back on topic though, my favorite miniature is still your Fruit Bat of Carnage.

Vike! Now I'm red in the face as well!

@ Eric and Hinton- Me and the CMON Duende have the same relationship as Nikki and Jessica from the "Heroes" tv show. I'm just not saying which I am here! ;)

@ FF - I'm batty for my Bat :D I forgot to mention in my description the authentically painted bird poo on the rocks. I remember all the nice comments I got at cmon about it.

@ SC - Thanks! You'll haveto try some different lines yourself, my favorite online stores are one that carry a whole variety for me to browse through, like TheWarStore, FozzBozz, and (of course) the CMON shop. I just wish I had your painting dedication, you seem to churn them out like a mini-painting machine! And I'm sorry I thought you were a girl up until you posted in the "Show Your Face" thread. Oops...

Thanks guys! You're the greatest! :inlove:

Hehe yeah some CMONers did thought I'm a girl due to my nick until I made it clear that I'm a 100% guy here (hides hello kitty doll). Ahem..I should have a nick like stupidbull prolly but stupidcow sounds better and has more of a funny aspect to it. I think...

Recently I've started painting some freebooter minis (my rotten harvest 2 entry) and also a PP Alexia courtesy of Jubilee.

And we all know Eric's a Poo Expert,... he is a judge for the Iron painter, after all. :aetsch:

Just letting you all know my gallery is up to 16 entries, more than anyone else here, ya bunch o' lazy bums!

Your Stats

You have used a total of 3.20 MB space out of 4.00 MB space allowed.

You have 814.30 KB space remaining.

And I'm running out of room! Help! Nathan!!:heeeellll