Show your face!!

supervike

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As everyone else here seems to be posting photos of themselves wearing silly hats and strange animals, I will take that cue to post similarly.

IMG_1781.JPG

This is me hypnotizing my pet white leghorn chicken, Goldie McNugget, lying her upside-down on top of my bowler hat. This is a well-worn hat that has seen many trials, from being part of a Clockwork Orange costume, to going on hikes through the wilderness, to being smashed under a couch, used as a food container at a business breakfast after the plates ran out (it carried SOOOO many Danishes!), and now as the platform for hypnotized chickens.

Goldie has some involvement in my hobby life, as she has served as the inspiration for an entire crew of Nephilim (see Mini Showcase posts), and has a long history (of her 7 months' existence) of getting in trouble by messing with my hobby table! When she was old enough to hop up to my desk, she was already eating small plastic and metal bits and scraps. Once she developed her palate, that phase was over, but she can now fly up to any surface, no matter how high, and still enjoys pecking all of my minis in progress and knocking them over, as well as taking the occasional drink from a pot of dirty paint water (sometimes it looks like juice to her, and she loves stealing juice or lemonade out of our glasses). Don't worry, though, she does have a healthy diet that includes something OTHER than Warhammer models.

IMG_1879.jpg

This is a picture of my girlfriend (a fellow casual modeler/gamer - Wood Elves & Space Orks) "punishing" Goldie for her most recent crimes (such as pecking at our feet). She does not like confining hugs, so we use this as a means of associating her naughtiness with something she does not like.

~J~

0%. Which is even more impressive considering that we have an apartment right now. She has a pen that is about 4' by 2.5' by 2.5' tall, with a little coop in which to lay her eggs, and a roost. She gets to roam the living room & surrounding areas when we're home, and takes walks outside. If she ever poops inside the apartment it's only a momentary inconvenience that a tissue can easily solve. It's honestly not the biggest problem in the Universe!

~J~