Heros

EricJ

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with the theory that they have to save the cheerleader so that Syler cant eat her brain, gain her powers and end up indestructable. Not mind you that guns work on him anways....

The mark also appeared floating in the sky in Issac's paintings in the future.

Anyone watched the "behind the scenes" video from the web site?

the guy who plays Isaac points out a painting which he says is visible in the first episode, but kind of hidden. It's never explained.

It's a picture of a giant monster ripping up a city.

That's because while NY can be destroyed by bombs, Tokyo can only be destroyed by giant monsters. Isn't that a well-known fact?

It's a part of Sylar's revenge against all the heroes and that one was Hiro's.

:musicus:

Yeah watched it the other night as well and thought it was a bit quiet here about it - sort of a disapointing episode for me to be honest, didn't hold as much interest for me as the other ones.

Hah, knew the chick was a plant, said that from the get go on that one. I am curious whether she has any powers but think she's likely just a norm. Thought it was interesting how Dad said 'I know you can try harder' which came across as 'why didn't you sleep with him ...'.

Mom - well ... okay I want something different I think. Hell someone change skins, glow, do something overt. As for her getting reformed, hell, to be honest I want her to go into complete bitch mode and start tearing things up. We need another bad ass on the show I think.

DL - interesting, walk through walls, put hands into bodies and put someone down. Seems like a decent fella as well.

Hiro - didn't do much for me this round and the whole Vegas thing is getting old.

Peter and Artist - again, didn't do much for me this time.

Cheerleader going over her bio parents, hah, love how Dad set that up.

Now the one that I am really starting to like is Dad. When the informant chick told him about someone stopping time and painting the future he said 'Really, that's cool!' and just took it in stride. It is also seems pretty obvious that he really loves his daughter even though she is a 'freak' and it had him upset when he heard about the prediction of 'save the cheerleader'. I find myself liking him more and more.

yeah, a so-so episode really, I'm tired of Vegas also, they need to move the plot along and out of there.

Ok, how about this prediction, somehow moms 2 personalities split into 2 bodies? and then there will be a good side and bad side, and both learn to use the super strength power. okok, sort of off the wall, and probably not right, lol. It could just turn into an internal struggle, with good mom getting slightly more control, I do hope she manages to figure out how to use her strength as a good mom.

I did like DL, I thought he was the best part of this episode, he was well acted, seemed to have a good set of motivations, etc...

I do think the dad is getting more interesting, it's interesting how he just learned that his daughter supposedly dies in the near future, I think he is going to turn out to be a good guy, or if he's not, he'll switch to be a good guy at a vital moment. They are spending too much time building up his concern for his daughter. although making up fake parents was sort of a prick thing to do. And the build up of compassion might also just be setting us up to sort of like him again, so we're surprised when he's the one killing her or something...

So we know the girl is working for the dad (which hurts my "she's Sylar theory", but doesn't totally rule it out).

Dad also has a couple other people working for him.

Dad was never able to locate the real birth parents.

Dad is still enjoyable because his motivation is not clear.

Mom has to be redeemed because it's American television.

Or I suppose she could be dead, but that's not very likely, is it.

I still want to know what's with that tattoo.

Just watched the next episode and it is looking interesting! Lots and lots of powered individuals coming into play too, or at the very least showing up and making a supporting appearance.

Interesting to see tattoos showing up on people, crazy mom has hers full out when she's switched over, cop is starting to get his, nucleur guy has the start of one. Curious where that is going to go.

Hiro - doing his thing and really taking the hero thing serious now and seems to be getting his power thing going on pretty good now. I'm liking it.

DL - I like that guy, has the whole phase though objects thing going for him and seems like a decent sort. Curious to see where that goes for him.

Crazy Mom - looks like she has finally gone over the deep end!

Kid - now that was interesting, didn't expect him to have a power but looks like he can do stuff with electronics. Gives a bit of an idea about this early on when he's replacing motherboards and playing with electronics (just an interest, not a power at the time it seemed). Curious to see how his power develops.

Cop - whohoo! Liking him more as of this episode. Sucks that his wife is cheating on him with his partner and the whole hearing thoughts is definitely a two edged sword. BTW, did anyone else see the Mind Blank guy walk behind, in and out of the cops locker room? Wonder if it was him that implanted the thought of his wife screwing around on him through the other guys head. Just a thought. He was there for a reason obviously.

Radiation Guy - I think THIS is going to be the big arsed explosion that destroys New York. Probably Sylar trying to take him on and either the guy looses it or gets killed and kaabloooey! Interesting how they showed how this guy couldn't control his power very well and his wife ended up with cancer, dying, etc. Sad, but a good plot for him I think.

Cheerleader, Chameleon Brother and Flying brother - meh - family stuff.

yep, that's my take basically. I sort of had to figure the kid had some powers considering both his parents did. I guess Crazy Split personality/strength + phasing through objects = ability to manipulate electronics, who knew!

I suppose it is good to know where the supposed explosion comes from, although the real question is if it's from this new character, or the chamelion brother. Also how saving the cheerleader keeps him from exploding...

The older brother is definately dull, and sort of evil-lite, not really evil, just sort of a prick who can fly.

The car crash/exploding car seemed really contrived just to have some heros meet and use their powers I guess, seemed a little out of the flow of events.

Car crash was a bit contrived. Didn't move the plot at all except to show that DL is a decent guy and that Hiro is getting better at his power (and that Ando is accepting their mission as heroes).

Older brother is just a politician. I like that he thinks he can do good in politics better than he can by flying in a funny costume. But he's a shady politician.

I don't think radiation guy is the cause of the explosion.

I bet he becomes more of a character though, if only so Sylar can kill him.

And what's with the gradually appearing tattoos?

Oh, and I hope Nathan is making a joke about the previous flub of confusing DL with Memory Wipe guy. I don't think this tall bald black man was mind wipe guy.

The comic has some interesting detail about the cop using his power for something other than communicating with the comatose and spying on his wife. Thought-reading apparently has a directional sense - i.e. he can tell where the thoughts are coming from, not just by their "volume" as in his first appearance.

Hrmmm, well if you take that as my meaning that all black men look alike or something more I think you are reading into it a bit more than perhaps you should or possibly too PC - sorry, just an opinion there.

I watched it on the PC here and watched it two or three times and paused it a couple of times and tried to take it through screen by screen and still maintain that it was the Mind Blank guy that walked past him and then out the door a moment later.

I may be wrong, but its certainly not meant to seen as a shot at black men and somewhat resent that someone would think it would be. Then again, maybe I'm just grumpy today.