So who is this FF Wyrd fella?

Nathan Caroland

Hi folks,

As some of you know or have assumed, my name is Nathan Caroland, I'm 30 years old, runnin' up on 31 here soon, married and have three kids, two girls ages 12 an 8 and a boy age 6. They keep me rather busy to say the least. I work as a goverment defense contractor working on the F/A-22 Raptor program. Oh, and we have a dog that thinks she's one of the kids and a cat that knows she's boss of the house and makes the dogs life completely miserable. It's kind of entertaining to be honest.

I'm also 'Mr. Wyrd' as some of you have dubbed me, which means I am the owner/operator/UBB (hah, figure that one out!) of everything Wyrd Miniatures. I started the concept and the thought process of making Wyrd into something more than a fan site late last year and after a bit of work and cajoling, managed to release our first set of miniatures in Nov/Dec of 2005. It has been an interesting road getting here and looks like its about to get even more so.

Anyhow, I'm an old time geek from way back, starting to play D&D and board games when I was thirteen and was pretty heavy into them until a couple of years later when I figured out the social pecking order and what girls were all about and promptly stuffed everything on a shelf somewhere, along with the few paints and miniatures I had managed to aquire. It all sat in a box for about twelve years until my wife one day pulled out a beat up and dusty box that had been traveling around with us for a number of years. Cracking it open my inner geek got a second chance.

I started looking up miniatures on the internet, found a few sites that catered to my new interests and quickly went out and bought a ton of paints, brushes and miniatures to have a hand at. I wasn't and still am not that great at it, but I enjoyed it all the same though I admit, I have picked up a brush or a miniature to paint since October of 2005, mainly as I find myself busy with Wyrd and life and have a feeling that it'll be a long while before I get around to them again. They say don't make your hobby a buisness, probably right about that, but I enjoy it all the same.

And that, is me in a very small nutshell. I could write a ton more but that would just bore the buggers out of ya'll.

:D

:D

Yeah, Ilike to add stories along with all my paintings, something that appealed to me when I started up with painting as it allowed for me to get my creative juices going when it came to writing, something I love to do, but don't get a chance to do much of these days.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Frustrated%20Father

That's what my gallery over on CMON and I have some here in the gallery here on Wyrd, though as I said, its been almost a year since I've painted so anything I 'might' have known at one time I'm sure has been flushed quite solidly.