Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Hello. My name Aaron and after a year of reading through the rule book I've finally decided to try this game out. I have to admit I chose Archanists because I got pulled in by Collet du'Bois' story and minis but I'm starting with Rasputina (because that's the only Archanist box set my LGS had).

I've been into minitures for well over a decade and I've played both Warhammer Fantasy and War Machine. While I still play War Machine (mainly during Feb. to Sept.), the expense of Games Workshop and their ever changing rules (yes, rules need to be updated to keep things balanced but not at the rate they keep changing things) have ensured that it will be a long time before I go back to them. The regular players at the LGS switch over to Malifaux during the holiday season so I decided to read through the rulebook.

My other hobby is video games. I usually only play 1 person console games but my brother let me play with his World of Warcraft and I decided to get a warchest copy (came with the original game and the first expansion) that I mostly play on my day off.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. My name is Cameron. I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. PM me if you are local and looking for a game.

You might have seen me on other miniature forums or at my blog. I just recently picked up the Malifaux rulebook and have a Seamus starter set on order. I decided to start Malifaux to find some local skirmish games. My girlfriend was also interested in the models and I thought that Malifaux would make a nice introduction for her (less models to paint, more character).

I primarily enjoy skirmish games (Mordheim and Deathsquads, a fan made 40k skirmish game) and dabble in Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k. I really enjoy modelling, converting and building terrain and I am trying to improve my painting skills.

Edited by Narcissus

• 4 months later...

Hi folks, not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread, but my name is Andy, I'm in Salisbury, UK, I'm 27 and I'm a noob to Miniature gaming in general, though I once dabbled with 40K when I was in school.

I'm primarily a Rper (pen/paper style) but a friend and I have been making moves into boardgames and miniatures recently with the opening of a new and much more accessible LGS.

I'm looking forward to my first games of Malifaux and getting to know you all on the forums!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

My name is Christian. I'm 27, getting back into miniatures after 15 years off (I used to play some GW as a kid. I'm back at uni completing a law degree, my first career was in communications/public relations.

I've just ordered a nice Kirai crew along with some sweet proxies (waiting on the shipment from the UK, I'm in Aus). I'm desperately searching for some painting tutorials and advice and am also keen to have my first game!

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hello my name is james. I'm 49 and have been into minis and gaming for 42 years. I've been married for 32 yrs with 3 grown sons and 6 grandchildren. I am retired due to health reasons but was director of maintinance/safety director of a health care facility. I am hoping I can go back to college and finish my phd in Military History

I have been playing Malifaux for a few months now. I played the showgirls in the last league at our store and just aquired the complete collection of gremlins that are out so far. Not real sure about winning with gremlins but they seem to be more of a fun army so far which suits me as i game to distract myself from the pain that comes from my health problems. Besides they look cool, gotta love pigs and gremlins.I Like the pigs, I have been playing Farrow in Hordes since they came out as a faction.

I also play Warmachine/Hordes, Heavy Gear and Flames of War. I have DMed D&D, Twighlight 2000, Shadowrun and several other rpgs (very seldom played, I've always DMed). My first and true love in gaming is wargaming Napoleonics, I have extensive collections in both 28mm and 15mm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I've been lurking on these forums for some time now, but because I haven't been playing Malifuax for very long, I haven't had much to say.

I'm more of a painter/terrain builder than a gamer, so even though I have had the Malifaux Core rulebook for close to a year now, I only played my first game (using proxied models) a few weeks ago. I've also had Puppet Wars for about 6 months, but I haven't finished painting it yet, and so I haven't played but I'm really looking forward to it.

Malifaux is very fun! I went out and bought the Death Marshals box set only a few days later, and even though I've got a good 300+ unpainted minis sitting on my desk for 4 or 5 different game systems, Lady J and the crew will be a top priority painting job for me in the upcoming months before school starts again.

Once school starts, I'll be deeply entrenched in legal study. I probably will game even more rarely once that happens, but I will need to spend at least a little bit of time unwinding. So, if there are any of you in the Salt Lake City area that are up for a quick game (25ss, maybe?) Gimme a few weeks and then I'm only a PM away. :1_Happy_Puppet1:

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

My name is Mack, and I'm the new developer here at Wyrd! I come from a long line of RPG games and Miniatures games. I'm really looking forward to getting started on some really exciting projects and chatting with you all here on the forums!

Holy Crap, its Mack!

I am not sure "Deck like Thunder" has the same ring as that other thing.... maybe "Riffle like Thunder?"

*grin*

Nice to see you on the forums Mack! I hope we get a chance to catch up at Gencon.

My name is Mack, and I'm the new developer here at Wyrd! I come from a long line of RPG games and Miniatures games. I'm really looking forward to getting started on some really exciting projects and chatting with you all here on the forums!

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new job at Wyrd!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm Wolf I was bored and was looking for wargames to look into and found this and became obsessed with Malifaux and the wicked Neverborn and Resurrectionists I really don't know anything minus the background to Malifaux but I wanna buy some and make up stories about skirmishes:1_Exhausted_Puppet:

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a new player from Denver, Colorado (USA). I got introduced to the game and a M:TG booster draft and decided it was time to get back into miniture gaming. I used to paint GW models but never really played the games. Malifaux looks like a really well designed,fun game and I decided to give it a go. I have enjoyed lurking and just decided to say hi and thanks for all the great info.

• 2 months later...

Howdy! McMold at your service.

I was paroozing the countryside for a new interesting tabletop game after quitting my last gaming endeavor.

I used to play Confrontation couple of years before (I actually started miniature gaming with BloodBowl), but my gaming community fell upon itself as it often happens and I got left with a ton of minis and no one to play with.

All those metal people were too beautiful to just sell them off, so I used most of my minis for playing roleplaying games. That wasn't big enough of a motivation for me to finish painting what was left unpainted.

Anyway one of the people from another gaming community introduced me to Malifaux and I instantly loved its background story, western feeling and the fact that you play game with Poker cards.

I started with Zoraida, Marcus and Ophelia. I actually played my first game with Victorias, but I won't develop that crew too much at the moment (I'd like to convert Viks and their minions with a strong multiculti-Earthside theme).

Presently I'm painting Ophelias gang for one of the competitions and it's going a bit too slow for my linking. Partly because of my rustyness, partly because of my college duties.

I'm more of a sculptor than painter, but painting is my new favourite endeavor.

There are at least four more crew/master combinations that I want to try out in the future.

And of course I'm loving the idea for the upcoming RPG.

I just hope the game dosn't get all fudged up with a morality system or something like that...

Another of my friends who plays Malifaux told me what to look for on these here forums, so I'll get to that presently... :D

Edited by Linus Mcmold

Hi,

I'm Angus McNicholl and I am a professional filmmaker living and working in Scotland. I am married with a daughter and my son is due to be born early in the new year (January 2013). This coming year I'll hit the big 40, and I've been a gamer since I was 9 years old.

In my spare time I have written for various RPGs over the years, including Conspiracy X, Fading Suns, and Vampire City. In terms of miniatures, I came to the hobby through the usually GW route but quickly found their rules to... errr... sucky. So branched out in to Confrontation, Warmachine, and Infinity (and many many others).

I've been aware of Malifaux since it was first released, but trying to get other players at my games club to branch out and experiment with the game has proved difficult. Perhaps 2013 will be the year it breaks through. Given my expanding family, diminishing finances, I'm attracted to games with a low model count ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm adary (in real world Yuval) from Rehovot, Israel. I started gaming when my age was a single digit, and now I'm slowly pushing toward the big 40 (Got a bit more to go though) so I can safely say that I've been a gamer for over 30 years.

My wargaming was for years focused on GW games (WHFB since 4th edition, and WH40k since 2nd edition), and in the last few years i shifted toward Warmachine (and Hordes on ocasion).

A few years ago I heard about Malifaux, but since there are no Malifaux players in Israel (at least none I know) I just followed with interest, and lately I decided that if I don't do something to bring it here, nobody will.

Now I'm a proud owner of two crews (that will soon be painted and showed off in appropriate forum), and I'm learning to play the game using my wife and my best friend as victims :)

Beside wargaming, I'm an avid scale modeller and miniature painter (even though I'm nowhere near competitive levels), and I'm also one of those horrible "I-won't-play-against-unpainted-armies" type of a guy. I also volunteer at the LGS for anything they need (including occasional painting classes and general painting and modelling advice).

When not gaming and working on miniatures, I'm an IT professional, and an amateur musician.

Rant over for now since I'm sure you guys have more important things to read :)

Hello.

I´m from Germany and buy & play about 2 years malifaux.

Love the Design of malifaux and play in Future all Fraktion I hope.

At the time I have

Neverborn: Lilith (my favorit master. *love*); Dreamer and Zoraida.

Guild: Perdita and Lady J.

Arcanists: Rasputina

Outcast: Hamelin and Ophelia

I hope we see us at vassal.

Vikki

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My forum and DA name is SnowyCragrat.

I am a fan of Fantasy, Sci-fi and Steampunk.

I currently play the RPG version of a rival system called Anima.

However, the wargames club that I attend has a large Mallifaux presence (especially in the north of England), so for over one, or two year(s) I have been interested in possibly playing a game or two, or collecting models at the least.

I have now just bought my first crews, so I will hopefully have a game soonish.

Also I might be running a Mallifaux RPG session at my club, or a campaign (depending on the groups) as I was very interested into the Kickstarter Campaign.

erm...

What else to say...

I think that is all for now: I think I have introduced myself well enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings, mortals. One of the masks of the Unliving has arrived into this realm. I will watch and learn your ways. Soon you will learn mine...

Moving on from my alter ego, avast all. I'm a finnish gamer living down the south-west coast, currently involved in the quest called relationship. Living with a witch on Moon Mountain in the moorlands, near a river whose water is of dubious origins.

I play Malifaux and Warmachine mainly, although as I started my gaming with Warhammer FB and later on 40k, trying to hold on to them a little (proving to be difficult with all those irritatingly bad rules, but that's just my opinion).

I'm also an enthusiastic roleplayer and Larper, of which the latter has changed my life to the better.

I hope I can give to this community and that Wyrd keeps up the good work it has so far.

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary..."

HtU

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Name is Mike I'm 26 and new to the world of Malifaux. But I have to say I love it. I also play Warhammer Fantasy & 40k, Warmachine/Hordes along with various board games. Live in North Mississippi and always up for a game. Just send me a PM whenever your in the area and want to play.