Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Greetings from the land down under

Ive been playing GW games on and off for 15 years amd am a huge Horus Heresy fan. With the sacrifice of Fantasy to the gods I needed something to scratch my fantasy itch and Malifaux hit the spot Im looking to start Ressur Mcmourning and Kirai look forward to your input on the various forums

Ferrus Manus

I have been playing 40k and Fantasy off and on for the last 20 years and was getting tired of ever changing rules and large armies (although for some reason one of my 40k armies includes 90 Gretchen and around 100 Orc infantry).  So leaving GW games I moved to Warmachine with the idea of a smaller game...and it still is a game where units of infantry are key.  Then I stumbled on Malifaux at my local game store in Tulsa and I am looking forward to the 2 player starter arriving in the mail soon.  Looking forward to smaller faster games that my wife and I can finish in a smaller space and shorter amount of time.  I also am really looking forward to painting the Wyrd miniatures and modelling the world of Malifaux.  Should be a lot of fun.

RL

Edited by Torhment

Hi folks.

My name is Sam and I live in Carlisle,  UK. I am new to malifaux but definately not new to addictive miniature hobbies lol. 

I'm 29 with a wife and a one year old son and as a profession I am a butcher. 

I have just started malifaux with gremlins and I'm going to have a go at arcanists in the future and currently I'm getting my wife to join in and play guild.

At the moment I'm just trawling the forums looking for info and help and seeing what going on. Hopefully I will start contributing myself properly in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

Been lurking here for quite a bit now... I'd ask for Malifaux master recommendations but someone already did that and the conversation made sense so I already have a master (or three). I'd ask for cool new tactics but people tend to ask that a lot and I've picked up a few things so I guess I won't ask. I don't know why I signed up but... just dropping by to say Hi!

I'm sure I'll think of something...

Good day all,

My name is Stuart and I'm still new to Malifaux, only been playing for about three months, but I have five crew's now in Outcasts, Gremlins and Ten Thunders.  Love the game so much that I am starting to get withdrawl symptons when I can't play for longer than a week.  Moving to Newfoudnland in the new year, so its going to difficult to find other players as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of people there (who play), so I plan on becoming a henchman to spread the good word about bad thing happening.  ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I´m Alex, I´m from Argentina. We got a big community here, and been playing for almost a year I think so....my first crew was Lucas McCabe, and then I follow with The Guild...now I´m trying the Outcast and a little of Neverborne....o And Kaeris! 

I fell in love with this game, is just....awsome...in everyway...the models, the lore, the gameplay...is damn good. 

Also, I´ll be uploading some pics, of my paint jobs..I hope you enjoy them. 

See ya all later!. 

• 1 month later...

Hello from Finland.

Have gotten to know this game somewhat now and wanted to join the community here as well to get to know people and maybe look into becoming a henchman later on. I have played Lilith and Pandora until now but I just bought Collodi's Box so when I get rest of my miniatures painted I will probably get them painted also. We now have a small community here but we are indoctrinating more from the rest of miniature gamers in the area. Even held a demo for it just the past weekend and showed it to 5 new people. If there are any Finnish Henchman around you are free to contact me about Malifaux stuff around Finland. I am at least now the only one from Pori who is in here. At least to my knowledge but we got a few players and many are joining this awesome game.

Hi guys,

my name is Emanuel and I'm living in Germany (Berlin and Schwerin).

I'm into tabletop gaming for quite a while now but never played Malifaux. This should change in the near future since I just got my Viktorias. I consider myself more of a painter than a gamer but maybe this will change again.

cheers

Why hello there!

I am Cam from the tiny state of Rhode Island. While I am relatively new to the universe, my girlfriend (aka Permanent Roommate) who has played since 1E debuted many moons ago, has gotten me hooked through the pen and paper means of Through the Breach. A few months later, and I'm painting my first few models on League Day.

While I have a deep love for Through the Breach as a refreshing Twist (eh? EH?) on the RPG platform, I'm growing ever more fond of the miniature tabletop aspect, and am quickly amassing a combination of Gremlin and Guild models, eagerly champing at the bit for some conflict.

Either way, I'm excited to be a member of an awesome community, so thanks for having me!

12246697_10153756524530561_3115452831498126812_n.jpg

Oh, hi. Didn't see you there.

Long time listener, first time caller. I'm a professional writer, semi-pro painter, amateur chupacabra. I play Gremlins, Tweet only (ONLY) when on the toilet, and speak three languages. I'm the designer and Alpha Buck at Wolpertinger Press. We make digital RPG maps, available at Roll20 and DriveThruRPG, and all my tattoos are inspired by books I've written.

Things I Like:
Watching people fall down
Novelty socks
Seizing control of the modes of production from the bourgeoisie
Green Jolly Ranchers
Children who say curse words
Huge chunks of bonus celery in stew
The sweet, sweet music of Ms. Janelle Monae

Things I Dislike:
Disabled animals with wheels for back legs
Kale
Genius balloon animals
Disney princess-related nonsense
Kale
The word "pumpkin"
Kale
People asking, "So do you like your Kindle more than REAL BOOKS?!"

Edited by wolpertinger_press

Hello all,

I am UnbiasedMeeple, but my real name is Michael. I was born and raised in Texas and have been here ever since.

You can find me over at BGG, but don't fear, I am split between board gamer and mini war-gamer. My wife and I love painting minis and are enjoying Malifaux a lot! She is big into the Arcanists because "they have the prettiest models" (heres to looking at you, Colette) However, she has now gotten into the Guild and loves the Ortegas! For me, I am a Resser, Outcast and a small dip into Neverborn. We can't seem to get enough of this game! :D

Cheers,

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Hi people!

My name is Jeremías, but you can call me Monototus, or Totus. I'm from Argentina, and I'm 29 yers old. I play MF since six or eight months now, being McMourning my favourite leader, soon to be replaced by Lilith if things carry on the way they are. 

So, I hope to discuss a lot of topics regarding Malifaux, gaming and painting in general. Hopefully we will chat arround!

Have a good one! 

Totus =)

Hey there, My name is Cody and I am from British Columbia Canada.

I have been wargaming for about 3 years until warhammer fantasy finally hit the end times. I was pulled into Malifaux by a buddy and I took hugely to the story and loved it. Went full steam into the Dreamer and his crew, his story is what drew me in and Teddy.....Fat scary Teddy. I have been playing for 4 months few games in and loving it. I am now looking at something unique...Maybe Jackdaw. Hoping to have my crew devour everyone's in their strive to drive the humans out of Malifaux once more

Cheers

-Cody

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am Nimo from Germany.

After playing and painting Malifaux actively for round about a year.

I started with Ramos in 1.5, but dropped out for a while after I couldn't find many other players. After a while I got to know a few other playeres and started again. This time with the guild. A the Moment I have Perdita and Lady J. My greatest Passion is painting and modelling and I am looking forward to share my miniatures with you.

- Nimo

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from East Tennessee, USA!  I'm Sam, a long-time RPG and miniature wargame player, but relatively new to the world of Malifaux.  For all manner of reasons that don't make much sense in hindsight, I only caught a solid interest in Malifaux late last year after reading several reviews and Gmort's unboxing of the M2E Starter Set.  After getting my hands on one of those, however, I was all-in, with much impact on my discretionary funds these past few months....!

image_zpsrvwisrnq.jpeg

Still learning the game, but I really LOVE the game mechanics and the setting! (It's been more a "love-hate" thing with the actual miniatures, however - some of these things have cost me some of my sanity!)

I've gotten into the Through the Breach RPG, as well, as the Malifaux world-setting seems just full of opportunities for good role-playing, and I do love running RP sessions, even moreso than I enjoy a good table-top skirmish game.

I may be late to the party, but I sure am happy to have finally found you folks!

• 1 month later...

Hello all!! I'm Cosmi from Oklahoma, and even though I am very much a newbie to both Malifaux and really, wargaming in general, I have never been so excited to play a game/join a community in my life! I have painted miniatures (not anywhere near as good as my husband) for nearly a year now, and the draw of this game for me has not only been the incredible models but the setting and gameplay just appeals to me on so many levels. I'm immersing myself in lore right now and can't wait for my first crew to get here...I'm thinking I'll probably be leaning towards Resurrectionists...though there are so many interesting factions to consider.

Very happy to have found Malifaux and hope to document my experiences with it in some form - I'm also really excited about the Iron Quill & Iron Painter contests as well.

<3

Hi Folks,

I'm Dave. Used to be on here as "sssk", but having been off in the antipodes for a long while, it's time for a fresh beginning to match up with my twitter account (iamsssk).

I play Arcanists (not only Marcus now either) badly, and have a long and illustrious career in propping up the lower middle region of tournament score boards.

If you have an unhealthy appreciation of Razorspine Rattlers (RSRs) and/or want to learn how not to play the game, why not check out my blog at https://playitlikebeatdown.wordpress.com/

Dave/sssk

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone ,

my name is Rich , and I was huge into playing Malifaux for awhile until my LGS went under and due to the difficulty of getting games in I kinda put Malifaux on the back burner. However really been getting the itch to play again and wanting to jump in again.

so anywho I wanted to take the time introduce myself and say hello to everyone!

Hello all,

my name is Mariusz and I'm from Poland. Malifaux is my first wargaming experience and I'm very impressed by the game- the story, factions, characters, rules and beautiful miniatures are massive advantage for me over other tabletop games I looked into. First time I saw Malifaux was when two guys were playing it at LGS- it was lady Justice v. Seamus. I was amazed by game where you can play flaming skeletons with guns and coffins versus Jack the Ripper and his dead prostitutes. I generally play Outcasts because their leaders and other models are very interesting to play and due to my preference of masters over factions- it's good to have several mercenaries.

Cheers,

Cedar

• 1 month later...

Hello from Spain.

Name is Macumazahn, because I like easy names like that. Malifaux is actually my first miniature game ever, so the struggle is real, but I'm having a great time with my Gremlins so far. Brewmaster being my favorite gremlin master, and Mah Tucket being the master that actually gives me good results. XD

Hoping to learn more about the game and share everything I can. Mostly art since I'm an illustrator, although doesn't seem to be a fanart thread in this forum.

Apart from the wonderful mechanics I'm in love with the aesthetics of this game. I tried to make some stuff, giving them an "Oddworld" feeling to them.

Anyway cheers,

Macumazahn

Hello Malifaux,

New player here in the Greater Boston area in the United States. My real name is Evan and I work in Boston. I've been playing the game for a month or so with a pretty decent neverborn crew picked and painted.

My intent is to be active on the forums, attend local events, and set up/find a weekly group in the greater Boston area. I'll be attending the BKFauxV in NYC next month and look forward to seeing a few of you there!

• Like 1