Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Hey y'all!

I have been playing miniatures wargames for quite a while, starting with WH40k 2nd Edition back in the early '90's.  I left after 4th Edition but have recently got back into it.  I play Eldar primarily, but also have Space Wolves, Tau and Dark Eldar.  I got into WarmaHordes around the time of MkI Superiority after WH40k got too expensive (was still in school at the time), and I play Cryx and Trollbloods, but also have some unpainted Khador and Retribution.

I am just now getting into Malifaux because Warmahordes seems to me to be changing from a large skirmish game into a small wargame.  I live up in the  mountains of Colorado (Winter Park), and I am planning on starting a Ten Thunders crew with Misaki as the Master.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello anyone who ends up reading this. My name is Tom and I am a returning "Mali-fite" from 1.5e, although I only ever played 2 games back then  :P 

As for gaming in general, I play A LOT! Ranging from nearly all historical periods through having at least tried most skirmish and wargames out there at the moment. I recently ran a Sails of Glory demo at Salute for my current employer, but have previously worked for Games Workshop... although they successfully killed my desire to play their games. I am quite proud of my painting and have won a few competitions on my time, so I now offer a painting service for anyone.

With my return I have vowed to only collect and play Gremlins, starting with Ophelia, as she was the original set I bought. I can't wait to get my "Wong" on soon.

ps the pic is of my new (ish) son Felix who is likely to get painted up as a Young LaCroix for family parties  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Howdi folks, my name is aaron....I'm 37 years old and I just into mini's last august....I started in gw playing necrons and now I'm really into malifaux. I am currently playing a dreamer crew. I gonna be starting a judgement crew in a couple of weeks. I would love to play a misaki crew...but something tells me I would have a better chance of winning the lottery right not..lol.

My painting needs help. I got good ideas just need to refine my technique. Excited to be here and can't wait

Peace....

I would love to play a misaki crew...but something tells me I would have a better chance of winning the lottery right not..lol.

Hey Shadel,

if you are referring to the current scarcity of Misaki's crew box, do know that some LGS's still have the boxes around, but even if you cannot find one, once they "re-pop" her with the new tooling, her sprue will be much better laid out and make the crew easier to put together.  I heard that there might be sharper detail on the re-pops as well.

Hey there James from Nashville, this is the only miniature game I have really played, others  never caught my eye and I am all about some Malifaux. I play Magic a lot and do travel events for that. Also a big online gamer comp and console. I am trying to get a large amount of ppl in Nashville to play so anyone in the area hit me up lets game.

Hi everybody!!

I´m Juan from Barcelona, Spain.

Fan of board games and a part-time player of WH and Bloodbowl. The past year I caught the Puppet Wars and was fascinated by the creepy puppets. Later, the shopkeeper who sold it to me told me it was based on a game called Malifaux. And that's how I discovered this great game.

Greetings to all folks!!! :D

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm Oliver from Northampton in the UK. I've recently got into Malifaux via a friend posting pictures of lovely models all over his twitter feed. I'm very keen on board games, war games, card games and the like (I even worked for Games Workshop for a couple of years). I love the vibe of Malifaux, the models, and the skirmish nature that means I can have a decent game with only a small crew. That's great news for people like me who are far too time poor and jaded to be able to face painting up a Warmachine or 40K army. I'm just finishing painting up the Latigo Posse and I'm about to start up painting up Dark Debts in the hope of bullying my husband into playing a few games. I'm looking forward to completely failing to stick to my self-imposed rule of not buying new models until I've painted what I've got and amassing a huge collection.

Hello my name is MrCheeze, atleast my nickname on other forums and irl! im From Sweden, Umea

i have been painting miniatures sience -88 and my first contact with miniature wargaming was in 90-91 warhammer 40k Rouge trader oh lord i feel like an old fart!

anyhow siece that ive been playing alot of games and painting! and im relativley new at Malifaux but i love the minis and the game!

Stay Cheeze! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, everyone I'm Jason and brand new to Malifaux. I'm 35, live in WInnipeg, Canada, which unfortunately appears to be a Malifaux dead zone, and currently am frustrated as heck with figuring stuff out. I got into Malifaux quite by accident. Was looking for a new board game to play and I stumbled upon Puppet Wars. The mini's were so cool I had to buy it and now I want to get into Malifaux. The character stories are super interesting and mini's look awesome but I've been overwhelmed at the chaos of it all. There's so many cool mini's and with the switch from Me to Me2 I'v got too many questions like:

1) Will they be redoing all the metal mini's into plastic? If not which ones will they redo? I ask because I prefer plastic to metal minis. I find them easier to work with.

2) WIll the previous expansion books from the old edition that have new characters like Molly be redone? I bought the ME2 core book but don't want to buy an old expansion edition book that's not compatible with the new system - especially as a new player as learning this game in complicated enough without dealing with edition rule changes. Plus living in a Malifaux dead zone, it's very difficult to find malifaux merchandise unless I buy it online and have it shipped, and shipping is expensive.

3) Is there a master list anywhere that has all the different mini's out there, particularly by faction? It seems like every time I read a forum post or google image search ANOTHER Wyrd mini pops up that's I've never seen/heard of and that wasn't on the webstore, like all those nightmare edition mini's, which leads me to my next question...

4) What the heck is a nightmare edition mini? Are they playable in malifaux? The dead lady justice for example looked super cool.

Basically, I have yet to choose a faction and don't really want to start investing in one haphazardly only to find out I really prefer the Archanists to the Guild but didn't know about  Collette and her dancers as an example. Any advice/answers would be appreciated.

Welcome to the game!

Answers (as best I can):

1. Yes

2. Yes.  A new book is due at GenCon which will have the Wave 2 stuff.

3. I don't know.  Try the Malifaux wiki, Pull My Finger.  That's probalby going to be able to tell you what you want to know.

4. Nightmare Edition are limited editions of models.  They are totally usable in the game.

Hope that helps.

Hi!

Maybe time to introduce myself. I am Cate, and before anyone asks, I am male. I have used Cate for since the beginning of the last decade, when I did a mock up character on the GW forums during the EOT campaign, if you want to know more just ask. I used Cate as my name on several forums and as ingame name in several MMOs. A couple of friends have tricked me into Malifaux, and I just bought my first Crew box, The guild of justice, and have manged to already paint up one of the pineboxes.   :)

Anyhow, my real name is Rickard and I live in Stockholm, and I am 43. I have been playing RPGs and tabletop wargames since the early 1980s, WHFB, 40k, Shadowrun, Vampire the masquerade, and many more games, many who I have forgotten. Recently I have taken a break from 40k which i have been playing since the Rogue trader era, Space wolfes, Emperors children and Guard.

At the moment I am unemployed, but I have worked in the restaurant business for decades.

Thats all from me atm.

/R

Edit: I am an ok painter and will show some pictures of my stuff when I have finished more than a box.

Edited by Cate

Hi!

Maybe time to introduce myself. I am Cate, and before anyone asks, I am male.

That's where I stopped reading! :-P

Welcome! I've heard some weird things about 40k as of late, but I've stayed out of the conversations for the most part. Either way, we're glad to have you! There's plenty of information on the forum and whatnot, and a really helpful community.

Good luck!

Hey everyone, 

My name is Mike. I'm 23 years old and live in Saskatchewan, Canada. I've been tabletop war gaming for the past 12 years and have been building scale model kits since I was 7. ( I sort of miss my old snap together kits).

I played Malifaux 1.5 for about a month and then got engrossed in a warhammer league and my new Khador army for warmachine. Getting back in for M2E, my mini rulebook and 3 new crew boxes are on the way from miniature market. 

Played nico in 1.5 but the new guild sculpts were just too good to pass up, I have Sonnia, Lady J and the Ortegas to build up and paint when they get here. 

I've have a few 2nd ed games with my friends Viktoria's crew but I'm looking forward to getting my own 2nd ed plastic minis. Once I become more experienced with the game, I'm going to try to become a Henchman as I would love to get more people into Malifaux. 

Hi everyone, time to present my self i think, as it's been a long time since I registered but only read.

I'm know as Black Ankh on forums, name is Cedric.
French biology teacher of 29 years old.

I'm in the hobby since i was arround 12 I think and I started with warhammer fantasy battle - that didn't last.
I followed the french Game "Confrontation" during all its years of living (and resurecting .... and again ... and again ... until the next time according to coolminiornot), collected a bit of everything, built armies, sold them etc. ... I was a big fan of another skirmish french game (now starting to spread everywhere else) : Helldorado.

I'm the writer of the french blog : La croisée des Chimères, dedicated to miniatures of all sort ( those days it's mostly Malifaux, Zombicide and 40k articles)

Actually, i still play a bit of 40k (Orks), Helldorado (thanks to the rebirth of the game and the extension Inferno), Zombicide, and of course, play Malifaux.

Concerning this game, i've discovered it in 2009-2010, v1 and 1.5.
At the time, I was fond of the Gremlins, and built a small crew.
But as i was moving from town to town each years because of work, I wasn't able to settle with a group of player.

Now, I'm back on the trails with the v2, and building A LOT of crews ! And i can't find out how to stop buying !!!
- Gremins are still my favorite (but in france, the new box has just arrived, and i didn't bought it yet)

-  In the Guild : Sonnia and her Witch Hunters, Lady Justice and her Death Marshalls and the Ortega Family

- in the Aracanist : Rasputina and Marcus .... and i'm planning to add the Railway crew
- in the Resurectionnist : Mc Mourning, but Nicodem is tempting me as well

- in the neverborn, the Dark Debts box is mine, and i'm waiting for Zoraida.... but i'm alsa tempted by Lilith and her Nephilim.

- And i've managed to find the Obliteration crew !!
- and i'm trying really hard to not look in the direction of the 10 thunders .... but misaki, the dragon, and the orians will be mine one day !
.... and i'm not even thinking of what's coming next ....

I'm also trying to create sceneries and mats for at least 3 settings for the game (wasteland, city and bayou) !

As i do not have club around my place, i'm "infecting" my friends and family with the "malifaux fever", and that's working easily !

Glad to meet you all !

Hello!
My name is Ragnhild and I'm here to spy on my husband, among other things ;)

I'm located in Bergen, Norway and have just started painting miniatures.. I have not managed yet to decide which crew I want to paint, so so far I only draw pictures of them and let my hubby do the painting. I'm not entirely sure if he likes my criticism, but he keeps coming back for more...

:)

• Like 1

Figured I should make a post here since I haven't yet.  Hello everyone!  My name is Alex and I am a 22 year old male from California in the US of A.  I have been playing tabletop miniature games since I was 6 years old and a local bookstore owner challenged me to read the rules section of the 3rd edition Warhammer 40k rulebook in a week and he would let me have the book for 10 dollars (Warhammer didnt sell very well at his bookstore and he wasnt planning on restocking any of it, but also he didnt think a 6 year old would read that book).  Little did he know I was already a nerd by that time and getting into trouble for reading crappy fiction under my desk in class every day, a week later not only had I read most of the book but I was already planning what kind of armies to buy and when I picked the book up from him he sold me a paint set that came with a squad of space marines (also at a huge discount) and by then my fate was sealed.  I was addicted to plastic crack at the tender age of 6 :( .

Fast forward to 2010 and I have been playing Warhammer 40k and Fantasy for a long time at this point (with thousands and thousands of points of each), I went on vacation to New York and while I was there I was in a game store checking out WarmaHordes as a possible new alternative (my main game 40k was getting stale for me at the time).  While browsing the store and looking at warmahordes stuff (clearly a new player)  I ran into a large man buying a book called Rising Powers(had been released very recently) from a game I had never heard of.  He told me I didnt want to be playing a crap game like warmahordes (his opinion) and I should definitely spend money on this other game Malifaux instead.  I was not convinced but he said he would open the book and show me some of the art to bring me around, I am sure realizing exactly what he was doing as he "accidentally" opened the book straight to the full page art of the dreamer sitting on LCBs shoulder.  I may not have been convinced to buy Malifaux that day but I was at least convinced not to pick up warmahordes just yet (although I did later that is another story entirely).

So after arriving back home in California I found a local game store that sold non GW product (I mostly gamed at a GW in my early days) and picked up what else but a Dreamer box set complete with raise the roof Chompy.  I later found out about the nightmare edition that looked just like the art that made me want to join the game, and was thrilled such a model existed.  During version 1 I played so little and was such a noob that I had no idea Dreamer was overpowered at all.  I didnt fully understand how his mechanics could work and the tricks you could do until they were errattaed in 1.5, but I think I was actually fairly lucky in this as my first edition time with Dreamer was so terrible and noobish that I dont have any horrible memories of him being a crushing master to face that just dominates my enemies over and over.

Although after the dreamer my second choice of crew was Colette, and though I never started playing anything other than Neverborn and Arcanists in 1-1.5, I was sorely tempted by Outcasts in Leveticus and Hamelin.  So apparently I just loved really crushingly overpowered crews in Malifaux and didnt know it yet ;) .

I stopped playing after a while in 1.5 due to personally not having time, friends moving away/going to college/joining the army, a local game store closing, basically many factors that prevented me from playing many games.  But I have kept collecting the models (although painting less than I should) and expanded my collection to include more factions/masters.

Now I have recently (in the last 3 months or so) been getting back into playing regularly and am beginning to go to a local game store again to play with more people rather than just my friends.  As such my painting has picked up again and I finally made an account on these forums after lurking for many years. 

My love of Neverborn from the last edition of the rules has not diminished but my love for the other factions has grown by comparison and while the dreamer will always have a special place in my heart due to his awesome aesthetic and fluff, I have been really loving Outcasts in m2e with almost all of my proper games played with Outcasts Tara and a few games under my belt with Jack Daw proxies.  As for what I have/am interested in the different factions.

Outcasts-Working on Tara and Jack crews, still interested in Hamelin and Levi, and of course Von Schill.  And misaki.  The viks are alright as well even if I am not dying to have them.

Neverborn-As they are the faction I played most in 1-1.5, I have the Dreamer, Zoraida, and Collodi, and I love them all.  I picked up pandora at one point but sold her on without assembling the models, but as all my neverborn are old and  metal I will probably be redoing them in plastic as time goes on.  It just isnt a huge priority because the dreamer still isnt out in plastic and I have the metals to play with so.

Arcanists-I have a Colette crew currently being stripped for repainting, and a Rasputina crew that is also being worked on but is a bit of a long project as I am trying to do something silly with the models.  I am also very interested in Marcus and will probably be picking him up soon as my best friend wants to get into the game and likes the look of him.  Otherwise Kaeris is cool(hot?).

Guild- I have a dead justice set and not much else.  I am primarily interested in guild masters that are not exclusively guild.  Lucius and McMourning are the two I am most interested in doing as I think the armies could present cool modeling options (especially guild mcmourning), and I like Lucas McCabe as well.  I could definitely be convinced to pick up Hoffman once I own more constructs to use with him and I think Lady J is kinda cool as well.

Ressers-I have a few resser models and an Undead Justice set but no m2e box sets of ressers yet.  I am very interested in collecting them however the primary reason I have not is that I planned to do them mostly at once so I could benefit from a larger pool of undead summons.  I like Mcmourning, Molly, and Seamus the best, but Nicodem and Kirai are cool too.  I already mentioned Tara and I do want to play her as a resser as well but I think I like her better as an outcast (that said I have played 0 games with her as resser).

Gremlins- I always liked Somer, and didnt much care for Ophelia.  I like Ophelias m2e art much better (who needs a nose?) and I love the idea fluffwise of Ulix and Wong, so I am sure that eventually I will get some gremlins as well.

Ten Thunders-I am not super big on TT only because most of the TT masters I would rather play as other factions.  That said I prefer Misaki as TT compared to Outcasts (I like her crew less but her upgrades more), and I also think Shenlong has really cool looking mechanics and I cant wait to try him out when he is released.  Otherwise I have dreams of a silly Mccabe list with 2x samurai and a fuhatsu converted from Izamu (the gun wielding samurai will triumph!). 

So that is my story, it is currently my goal to finish assembly and painting of a ton of Wyrd minis and this probably wont change any time soon.  I am also very interested in collecting all of the limited edition/oop Wyrd stuff, on that note if anyone has a certain bowling vampire they would be willing to part with feel free to PM me. 

I look forward to socializing with you all more on these forums and typing out massive walls of text for you all to skip past :D .  Feel free to strike up a chat with me about anything, any time.  Beware though, for as you can probably tell from this post I am long winded and love to talk. 

TL, DR (good god I dont blame you) - Hello my name is Alex from California and I have a Malifaux addiction.  I look forward to fun times with you all on these forums.

Hello from sunny England (ok I lie today it is raining),

This is a whole new world to me being introduced to Malifaux by my bf. I am excited to paint and play!! I am playing with Rasputina's starter crew (I like the 12  :ranged and her storyline is awesome).

I have yet to master much but where's the fun if not in a challenge? :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

The name is NPC Chris. I'm from Seattle, and I host a podcast called NPC Cast. I play a bunch of minis games and just played my first game of Malifaux today! Originally I picked up the models to paint, but I really enjoyed the system as well!

I currently am the proud owner of the Torch and the Blade and will be starting with the Guild...but who knows where I'll end up. Glad to be a part of the forums and looking forward to interacting with the community.

Here is my first Malifaux model: 

Hello everybody,

I just realized when I was browsing the site today that I never made one of these despite posting otherwise. My name is Dustin, I'm 26, and I like in Calhoun, GA (basically a hop, skip, and a jump from Wyrd's offices over there in Marietta.) I got into minis, one might say, through playing 3.5 in college and finding that having a nice set of minis to use made navigating maps a lot more entertaining and fun. The hobby itself I first got an interest in through my roommate who was an avid 40k player over at a (now closed, I think?) store in Douglasville, but in college I never had the money or the space to get into the hobby in earnest.

And then, a few years later I discovered Malifaux while browsing a FLGS with a few friends and wondered "What's this, then?" Those two friends weren't sold on the idea, being 40k and Warmahordes players, but I decided to give it a shot through an awesome demo at Dragon*Con during my next visit, and well, it was enough to get me interested. One other demo game later (both as 2E Rasputina, note) and I was hooked. Admittedly I haven't had a chance to play a proper game with my own minis yet, but the transparent Tara, Ortegas, and McCabe sitting on my shelf in various states of assembly and painting are itching to see use one day soon when time permits. Haha. It's sometimes a surprising amount of work teaching as an adjunct at a technical school! (And the drive and lack of a dedicated community in Kennesaw or Dalton does pose a problem...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm mr miniature or Mark, I've been into painting and collecting minis (mainly GW ) for many years, and after many months of drooling over pics of the wyrd minis I finally took the plunge and bought my first crew box (dark debts) as well as the rulebook (I'm not much of a gamer but I love a bit of fluff!) looking forward to finding out more about Malifaux and chatting painting with you. I am absolutely hooked on what I have seen so far!

I'm on a couple of other forums (WGC, Warmaster) as Maximus Mini, and on CMON as Oik, but my main blog is misterminiature.tumblr.com where I post all my WIP pics, come and say hi!

Cheers

MM

• 1 month later...

Hello to the community, my name is Sebastian, I`m 21 years old and live in Tyrol, Austria. In the last months, the stunning Malifaux releases really catched my interest, and after reading the background and delving a bit in the rules, I`ve decided to start this game and become a follower of the Neverborn :)

I`m more interested in collecting and painting than actual playing, but maybe this will change with the time :)

I`m looking forward to a great time on this forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

My name is Audrey and I'm from central Utah, USA.  I've been playing Malifaux for about 3 years now.  My first crew was Colette, and over the last couple of years I've gotten a few masters here and there from a variety of factions - Sonnia and Lady J, Tara, Jacob Lynch, Pandora, Yan Lo, and Kaeris.  2E has gotten me REALLY excited about playing masters I've never played before, and I'm crazy over the new plastic models!  Even though I've been playing at my LGS for a few years, I'm looking to get more into the online community, so... here I am!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi im new to the forum, ive never joined one before as am a bit of a tecnophobe but am being slowly converted, ive been playing malifaux for a short while after jumping ship from 40k.

i run a mai feng 10 thunders crew and a lynch neverborn crew, mainly due to the flexiblity of the box sets when i bought them.

im looking forward to getting more familure with the game through the forum as i  already listen to the malifools podcast and the through the breach podcast which ive found quite useful.

ive taken part in one tournement (after only having two games) held at sanctuary gaming center which i found educational (learnt more about how to play) and fun and friendly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, fellows 

I've just recently started to play Malifaux and getting deeply into the universe.  I started playing Warhammer a few years ago and through a string of different games(Warmachine, Infinity, relic knights)  I finally woke up and found Malifaux.  I am a player from the San Francisco Bay area of California. I have a couple of friends who

are looking to start playing with me but I am actually looking to make something bigger. 

I work at my FLGS(Games of Berkeley) and have took it upon myself to make our store a great awesome place for Malifaux. I'm actually going to have our store run dedicated Malifaux days starting at the new year so i'm also intensely interested in getting folks to come over and play. Intending to become a henchman of course, currently getting my Viktoria box painted and planning to get a couple others specifically for the demo crews.