Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Hi there. My name is Mike, I live in Clawson, Michigan. I'm not new to the world of Malifaux even though I am new to the forums. I play various other games like Warhammer and Hordes. Always looking to play against other Malifaux fans, so if there is anyone near me and looking for a game just send me a message.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name is Patrick and I'm a new player from Los Angeles. I'm a long time gamer but was only recently introduced to Malifaux while visiting family over the summer. I went into their local gaming store looking for GW miniatures but came out with my first Malifaux crew instead! I was instantly hooked by the mythology, amazing miniatures and unique game mechanics.

Since I've only had really limited exposure to actual game play, it'd be great to find a local group to teach a newcomer. Any and all suggestions welcomed!

Thanks Zomnambulist! Right now I juat have the Misaki crew. It's hard to say no to ninjas in general, and I thought a more melee focused crew would be easier to learn the core rules with. I prefer the style of the new plastics to the older metals, so I'll probably wait until a few more crews are rereleased before I pick up another. With any luck I'll have Misaki and co painted by then!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everybody, I'm Mike from York in the UK.

I found Malifaux by following a link on a miniatures online shop purely because the thumbnail caught my imagination. Then I found the official site, read the bacckstory, saw the minis and I was hooked! It's got one of the most imaginitive themes out there that I've seen so far but I'm not a long-time wagamer.

I dabbled with 40k and painted Tau, Chaos, Dark Angels, Imperial Guard, Skaven and Empire armies before tiring myself out on them. I realised that huge army games were a bit much for me to handle in terms of painting, buying and learning the rules for. Then I discovered skirmish games like Infinity. I love Infinity's background too and the minis are amazing. The rules too are some of the best I've seen BUT are a bit too complicated.

Malifaux seems to have the balance between comprehensive rules and scope for tactics, a cool mechanic with the cards and few enough models that I can really spend a lot of time making them look good (It took me 6 months to paint 80 Skaven clanrats to a moderately good level and by comparison I've spent 3 days on Lilith and she looks pretty awesome!).

So I think Malifaux will be one of the games I settle on!

Unfortunately I don't really know anyone I can play against. I have one friend nearby who is willing to play and my dad loves playing with me but it's harder work as he often just tells me what he wants his minis to do and I have to resolve the actions for him lol (he doesn't get to play with me much so the rules don't stick in his memory).

Around here (York) as far as I'm aware there's only Games Workshop and Travelling Man and neither touch Malifaux (obviously, in the case of GW).

So anyway, I love the hobby, love the painting, making terrain etc and love what Wyrd are doing! Keep it up!

Hi everybody, I'm Mike from York in the UK.

Around here (York) as far as I'm aware there's only Games Workshop and Travelling Man and neither touch Malifaux (obviously, in the case of GW).

I'm the henchman for York, so feel free to PM me here on tweet me @tigerstyle40k and we'll set something up. I usually play at York Garrison club and there's a good few of us playing Malifaux every week there.

Hi, my name is Mike, I live in Essex in the UK and I'm new to Malifaux. I've only had three games of M2E so far, but I love the way the game is played. I used to be a big HeroClix player, but the new mechanics, soaring prices, lack of quality and lack of players has made me stop that. So far I've got one crew painted, The Torch and the Blade, and I'm halfway through painting No Shelter Here.

I love plastic miniatures, they are so much easier to clean up and paint IMHO, so when I got my first crew and saw the quality of the moulding I started to buy crews just to paint, then the players at my local venue started playing and I was hooked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Dublin.

I'm just getting into Malifaux after looking for a decent skirmish level game. I currently play 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action and Saga. I bought the Sword and the Flame set and a box of Death Marshals. I picked these in the same way I pick any army in a system, by how good the minis look. I love the witchlings and DMs, so that was that. Haven't played a game yet, but hoping to rectify that next Thursday. There are currently just two of us in our gaming group with gangs, but I think once the rest get a look at the minis up close that will change.

Any suggestions as to other cool Guild units or characters would be appreciated.

Hi Folks, not really a new member but a returning one! Been playing other system but I'm back! I'm on the committee for the local club. Chesterfield Realms of War! Or Crows for short. Based in Chesterfield!

I am looking for local Malifaux gamers to drive back the Evil GW LOL

If your in the area get in touch!

I'm loving the M2e

Gareth

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, all. Broad-spectrum not-quite-30-year-old geek and would-be wargamer checking in. I'm a bit of a vagabond, but love and long-term disability have me settled in New Mexico unless the latter gets better or the former gets worse.

My girlfriend and I started hosting Arkham Horror nights for some of her co-workers, and it turned out that two of them were avid local/YouTube wargamers. Time passes, info is exchanged, more shared nerdery is engaged in, and long story short, the girlfriend and I, complete tyros to the wargaming, are about to jump feetfirst into Malifaux.

I've got precious little experience with tabletop miniatures, but with a background in character-based board games, p&p rpgs, and collectible card games, the Malifaux ruleset is looking to be a snap to pick up. It's also one of the most budget-friendly mini games we've found, to boot. I'm going to have far more questions than answers starting out, but I'll try to keep from getting too incessant here.

Hello,

I have been involved in table top gaming for over 30 years.  About 20 years ago, I began messing around with miniatures.  (Space Hulk is what done it)  I then went on to try my hand at owning a game store.  When I had to get a real job, I started working as an Outrider for Games Workshop. 

I recently stumbled across this game due to someone I knew there, Dave Taylor.  He posted on his blog about it, so I checked Malifaux out.  I was interested and began finding out all I could.  While visiting family in Denver, I went to Shieldbreakers Games. (?)  There was a henchman there who took the time to give me a decent rundown of the game.  Well, I am a very offputting and unapproachable person, so I bought the rulebook and a couple of crews to show my appreciation.

My main goal is that this may finally be the game my son is interested in playing.  We are located in El Paso, and I have not yet found any groups or places that support the game, but we will start amongst ourselves.  I am interested in the world Malifaux presents and looked forward to dabbling about in it.

Malijaux aka Joe

Hey Howdy Hey,

My name is Brad and I have become fascinated with the world of Malifaux. I am a long time gamer going back to the original Basic D&D box set in 1980. A few months ago I reached the point of critical mass with 40K and have been looking at multiple miniature wargame systems since. My interest with Malifaux and Wyrd was kindled while listening to an interview with Mack Martin on the D6 Generation podcast. After researching the fluff and game mechanics on the internet and listening to Malifools podcast I have become hooked. I have chosen the Arcanists as my faction and ordered the rule book, blue deck, and Rasputina's crew box set. However the crew that I cannot wait to pickup and play is Colette and her Show Girls!! I'm sure that I will end up owning at least a few Arcanist crews before I'm done.

IRL I'm a middle aged devoted family man that works as a chemist. I haven't broken bad yet but you never know what paths life will take you down! ;)

I am also very interested in the possibility of Mack's project, Ruined Planet, becoming a reality. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that one.

Well, the show must go on

Brad

Hi, mi name is Javier, I am from Jaén, Spain. I play wargames since i was 13, and I found Malifaux one of my favourites. The playstyle, the miniatures, and the fluff just captivated me. I work on a local store with one of my best friends, and we both love miniatures and wargaming, specially painting. I want to become a Henchman because the nearest is 100 km away, and I use to run demos of many games, like Warhammer/ Wh 40k, WarmaHordes, Infinity, and Malifaux of course. 

I own 2 crews, Vickys and Colette, and my girlfriend has Lilith. I will expand Neverborn and Outcasts, I cannot wait to see the new Von Schill crew!.

I hope to be active on this community, Javier

• Like 1

Hey, I'm Brian. First started playing miniatures games a year and a half ago when I first met my new group of friends after moving to a new city. Malifaux was my first game and I now play X-Wing, Uncharted Seas and FIrestorm Armada as well. Von Schill was my first master and I now play Marcus as well. I'll be applying to be a henchman shortly because a henchman in my city resigned not long ago and I'd like to help promote the game since my local crowd isn't all that dedicated for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone ,

My name is Rich , I'm 31 years old, I am a web developer, and I am happily engaged to an amazing woman with her two amazing boys .

I am new to the world of Malifaux (was drawn to to it not only because I of my love for table top gaming but that it was a gothic / steampunk table top game!) and can't wait to jump right in and play some games !

Hello all Giddoen here just found out about Malifaux from my local game store and have had the owner order the 2e core book...

Looking forward to giving the game a try. Been watching some really good videos of game play on youtube and so far really like how the game plays!

I will try to post my game play experience on the forums after I get a game or two in.

till then....be well

Giddoen

Hi all

Just started getting into Malifaux, a buddy of mine works at a game store and were sort of spear heading getting some tournies going. He just spent about 600 bucks on his like 5 armies, I plan on spending about half that much on getting just about everything green and gremliny. I'm still a bit intimidated by all the special rules but assume this will pass after 10 or so games...

side note, I'm currently running a Malifaux RPG using savage worlds/deadlands rules.