Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Hello, everybody!

I've just ordered my first crew for what I hope to be a long and enjoyable foray into the world of Malifaux.

I've been gaming for about 25 years now...AD&D, Shadowrun, Rifts. TT gaming I'm afraid has mainly been GW stuff. However, I've recently gotten back into WM and am having a blast with that.

I've admired the Wyrd miniatures since I first saw them a couple of years ago.

While I had read good reviews of Malifaux but knew nobody interested in getting started. Anyway, one of the guys I play WM with mentioned Malifaux, saying it was probably the best game he's ever played....and he plays way too many games.

I dithered a lot over which crew to play. I felt that Guild and Arcanist were out because the other guys had expressed an intrest in them and I wanted to make things as varied as possible. Did I go with my love of undead? The slightly more disturbing than other stuff in Malifaux of the Neverborn?

In the end I went for Neverborn - I really enjoying painting and they offer some delicious miniatures. I thought I'd start at the shallow end of the pool and work my way up - hence, I've ordered Lily's crew. Also, I have a tendancy to pick glass cannons that take me an age to learn and Lily sounds a bit more 'Punchy Facey, Catchey Monkey'

I'm planning on painting her and her charming offspring with red flesh and white hair.

Huzzah!

I believe we have spoken before but good day to you sir, nonetheless.

Glad you jumped in, the water's lovely here.

Hello from Belfast in rainy Ireland, had my first game of Malifaux a couple of days ago at my local club (thanks to Deamonkin from these forums)and loved it. Had some miniatures and loved the setting but that game definitely sold Malifaux as my game of choice.

Got myself a couple of starter sets and I am busy trying to build a board that can do the game justice. Also have a fair few other people from Belfast so if your a local feel free to give me a shout.

Haven't felt so excited about a game in a long time so thanks to Wryd for re awakening the passion in me!

Good Evening from Englands oldest town

My real name is Simon and I am an addict .

thank you for your understanding and sympathy .

JOhnny Hawkwind got me into Malifaux about a year ago and we are just about to start pushing a little harder at local club .

I currently run an enlarged Ortega clan but may look neverborn if I can get my hands on lord chompy bits .

Hello everyone, i`m Manuel from Mexico, miniature and board games collector since 1990, my favorite ones so far, infinity and okko, Malifaux just made my eyes pop, love the theme, minis etc., believe it or not, i just found malifaux 2 weeks ago and i was drooling, yesterday i placed my first order, but i have a big wishlist, anyway love everything concerning this game, the only thing that i did not like is that you can`t download the rulebook. I`m 39, high school teacher, greetings.

Hello everyone, i`m Manuel from Mexico, miniature and board games collector since 1990, my favorite ones so far, infinity and okko, Malifaux just made my eyes pop, love the theme, minis etc., believe it or not, i just found malifaux 2 weeks ago and i was drooling, yesterday i placed my first order, but i have a big wishlist, anyway love everything concerning this game, the only thing that i did not like is that you can`t download the rulebook. I`m 39, high school teacher, greetings.

Hi there and welcome to the forums. I have never played Okko but have fancied it for a while, I may PM you for more details.

Hi everyone my name is Manuel, i`m from Mexico and a long time player, i love games (board and miniature) i have a good collection, started with wh40k (now i hate it) my list so far since 1994:

wh40k

Mordheim

blood bowl (still playing)

space hulk (still playing but an alien version)

mage knight dungeons

warmachine

hordes (SP)

covert ups

taluva

arkham horror

micro mutants (SP, great game)

runebound

blue moon cities

blue moon

magic

hybrid

confrontation

at-43 (SP)

wizwars home made

my favorites:

okko

infinity

2 awesome games that i play once a month minimum, now, i order malifaux and waiting for arrival, from what i have read, looks fantastic to enter on my top 3 list.

Hey All,

I'm Leah and have played Miniature wargames for a number of years very off and on. WH40K, Fantasy a little bit, WarmaHordes and now Malifaux.

I love this game so far (played 2 small games). I went with Cult of December on, well aesthetics and, someone told me, relatively easy play.

I love SF, fantasy, movies, books, music, nature ...

LOVE my dogs.

Recently relocated to South Florida where we're trying to get Malifaux to take off.

Glad to be here.

• 1 month later...

hello all i'm basher from yorkshire england im 34 married one child (feels like a dateing add) i've been into wargameing for 22 years mainly gw but got pissed off with them about 4 years ago work colleage got me into warmahordes so been playing a lot for the past few years found the malifaux minis on a estore thought s**t there awsome bought the rulebook had a flick, showed it to some mates and weve all bought starters (starting with mcmorning ) now were glueing and painting like idiots so we can get some games in really looking forward to playing.

good to see some familiar faces on here from other forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

Long time Tabletop Gamer here (around 22 years of gaming now).

But moved quite a bit through different gaming systems.

Started with GW (as many did) and left for Rackham (their metal minis where deadly) after that because GW was getting to expensive and time consuming.

Also my gaming preference changed to Skirmish games really (still play Blood Bowl on occasion).

Played Rackham until things turned bad there sadly and moved on to Warmachine and Hordes (as I couldn't find any opponenets for my Goblin Pirates). But both WM and Hordes seem slowly but surely drift away from being skirmish games.

So was looking for a new proper skirmish game and found Malifaux by accident.

Been playing it for a couple of month now.

And I must say, this is one of the best Tabletop games I played (if not the best).

The Background is deadly, the miniatures are deadly and so are the rules (no dices, thanks a million for that).

All I can is, keep up the great work!

• 4 weeks later...

My name is Micah. I'm 27 years old and have been in the Army since I was 18. I started playing 40k when I was about 13, but was recently shown Malifaux by a friend of mine. I have since stopped playing GW games, and invested in Malifaux. I currently play the Lillith boxed set, but I have a large amount of Neverborn and Guild models in the mail as I type. I live in Johnson City, TN, and am a chaplain for the VA hospital here.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone from Pilsen, city of Beer!

I´m 25, been playing W40K and Mordheim. Recently, Malifaux and Infinity are starting here, so I decided to try - and, hell, it´s much more funny and logical than the old "3 to hit, 4 to wound" Warhammer...I love the setting, the rules are nice, minis as well..I gave this game a chance and I hope, it will spred...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, my name's Kevin and I'm from a small town in northern Rhode Island called Cumberland. I started with minis a couple years back with Warmachine and Hordes and it's escalated from there haha. I paint from time to time (not as often as I really should) and don't have a full army painted yet.

• 2 weeks later...

So i finally joint the Forum here.

I live in Germany, althought i`m dutch.

27years old and a friend and i startet playing Malifaux a half year ago.

Hopefully we can convince some more people here in Jena in the future.

Got to Malifaux because of the great minitures and Skirmish system. We had enough of paint 40 oder more of the same figures...

Can`t wait to see how it will go on with Malifaux. Love the Artworks and how close they manage to create the sculps.

Great game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

- Hey there everyone! I just learned Malifaux about a week ago and am still learning rules and such.

- I picked up The Neverborn (Pandora Starter) and really like The Neverborn and love the Pandora starter synergy. I wanted a "cute" killer army (Teddies, babies, etc.).

- Here is some basic info about me:

Name: Barby

Brithday: May 7, 1984

Work: Elementary School Teacher and After Care Counselor

LGS: Florida Supercon and Tate's Satellite

Likes: Malifaux, Hordes, Bang!, Harry Potter series, Fairy Tail series, Stitch, Gears of War, Fable, Bulletstorm, Little Big Planet, Guitar Hero, Michael Jackson, No Doubt, animals (specifically doggies), and much much more!

Dislikes: Vegetables, Seafood, dishonestly, aggressiveness, Justin Bieber, and much much more!

- I hope to learn how to play Malifaux well, to have fun playing, and make friends. :daydream

Thanks,

Barby :girl:

Greetings, welcome to the game and the boards.

I too dislike Justin Bieber, but I also dislike dogs, grrr. Well, except basset hounds, they are awesome.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay

Yes, JB must be destroyed by Teddy! LOL! Thanks for the welcome! :bigthumb:

Barby :marshmell

Hello, I am Mydnight. A friend of mine recently got into this game and has drug me along for the ride. I'm loving the storyline so far and hope to spend some time painting later this week. I paint far more than I play, so if you see me at a tournament it'll probably be from the lower echelons, which makes The Resurrectionists a great starting point for me (when you're that low you can only rise up!). I hope to start contributing to the painting forurm once I get some proper Wyrd miniatures painted :)