Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Thought it was polite to introduce myself. I'm Jay. Hello.

There. I picked up a copy of the Malifaux rulebook from my local gaming store having heard the interview with the guys on the D6 Gen podcast since I was looking for something to take up my gaming time having fallen out of love with warhammer fantasy after 20 years. Warhammer Ancients is doing the job for me for the army scale game, but I needed something to appeal to the fantasy side and Malifaux certainly does that! I got myself the Ramos starter pack, persuaded 5 friends to also invest and played my first game of malifaux before christmas and loved it. Now got a huge list of extra stuff to get for my crew, including about a million steampunk arachnids.

That's it.

Jay

Hi I'm FacelessHenchman from Germany.

Malifaux is my first Skirmish Tabletop (I#ve played army-scale Tabletops). There are two reason why I decided to play Malifaux:

First, I love the idea of a "gothic-steampunk-victorian horror-wild west" setting and second, the "brückenkopf-online"-review mentioned that Malifaux is played without dice.

I had some difficulties to find a retailer, but in the end I succeeded. I received the corerulebook and two gang-box sets (Seamus and Lady Justice). I've read the rulebook - just awesome (I really enjoyed the stories, the layout and the drawings).

My favorite figures are Seamus and the Deah Marshal. I've already painted Seamus and one Belle.

FacelessHenchman

Welcome aboard :)

Nice looking Seamus, Faceless.

I'm looking forward to seeing a few more paint jobs on the Death Marshalls, they are such dynamic models, I'd like to see what different people do with them.

You'll really dig the card system, it works similarly to dice with the added intrigue of figuring out what your opponent has and bleeding them of cards.

Are you thinking of expanding Seamus' crew?

Our local Seamus player loves him but wants some harder hitting stuff, the Copycat Killer is a great way to use his fantastic pistol more.

Hello, my name is Falk. I was born in Germany, but at the moment I live and work in New Zealand.

I'm more like a painter and collector, and the unique (and pretty cool ;) ) design of Malifaux caught my attention. After reading the rules front to back in one day, I'm completely hooked. I just ordered my first crews (Lady Justice and Seamus + some extras) and can't wait to actually play (a feeling I haven't had for quite a loooong time).

I must confess that I have no clue about synergy and tactics in Malifaux, and I'm not used to skirmish level games (I've only played WH40K in the recent past, and that's not really about tactics...). But what would life be without challenges ;). And I'm pretty sure I'll get a lot of inspiration and advice here.

Welcome aboard, Desaster :)

I'm pretty much the same - I bought the miniatures for the style...

...I've been pretty blown away by the rules and game mechanics, though.

It makes for a very fun and story-like game but still has a great depth of tactics.

I'm looking back at WH40K and seeing it is more about what you put on the table.

With Malifaux its a lot more about how you use it.

Between activation order and cheating Fate you really don't know what will happen next round in comparison to Warhammer.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find out about it very soon, enjoy!

Hi,

Some how I got myself into yet another game that I will buy miniatures for and probably rarely play (hello there warmachine, necromunda, bloodbowl, helldorado, monsterpocalypse etc.). I've actually been eyeing the Wyrd miniatures for a while now and finally justified buying some along the rulebook (I bought the Gremlins, Pandora and Rasputina crews... and am also in the process of giving some meaningful looks at Lady Justice, Leveticus and Lilith).

I got the rulebook yesterday. Read most of it and liked pretty much all of the rules so far. I am really looking forward to getting to play the first few games. The card mechanic just looks like it could work really well.

I'm new to playing mini games but have been interested in minis & the games for years but never got down n' played beyond a few small games.I'm now playing Dwarves in a Warlord game but was looking for a cool skirmish Fantasy game. My brother is starting to play Malifaux recently & turned me on to Wyrd games & Malifaux. I like the Gothic Victoriam Steampunk & weird west elements.I'm going to look into getting into Malifaux as soon as I save up some money.

Oso

• 2 weeks later...

Yo.

I am Adam, 22, from England. Got the core rulebook yesterday and today ordered my first batch of models today: The Death Marshalls box! Went with them because I was loving their fluff in the rulebook, and the Marshalls themselves seem so badass, running around with coffins on their back and hunting zombies and stuff. Will probably pick up the Viktorias box when I'm done painting them, then will have to drag some buddies round to play.

Been collecting and playing a different ;) game for about a year or just under, and the fluff never stood out to me. It was, in fact, a bit shit, so I'm glad I found Malifaux which has me desperately wanting more. Release some novels, dammit! I also really like the fact that the models aren't just nameless, masked cannon fodder.

Hi all

I am Fabian. I'm 20 year old land-surveying student from Belgium. I play in a club in Ghent called the thunderbolts, and 50% of the players here picked up a box set and a rulebook (of Malifaux obv. xD)

While waiting for my order, I thought I could read some things on this forum ;)

Some other games I play are:

Wargames: Warhammer 40k/fantasy, Airnautica Imperialis

Roleplays: Warhammer Roleplay and Dark Heresy...

Anyways, I will see you guys (and girls) later on the forum! :D

Grts

Fabian

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I guess I should introduce myself.

Real name Joshua Hack I go by Josh normally. I'm from abingdon Maryland USA and at the time ofthis post I've been 20 for less then a week. Currently I'm a ancient history major and aspiring novelist with a fall back of history teacher (although my hobbies are paid for by a ma and pa auto parts store where I'm a counterman). Not married but I am engaged to a wonderful woman who plays almost every game I do and is the reason I'm here now that I think about it. As for hobbies outside of gaming would probally just be my 1984 Nissan 300zx would be about it. As for gaming I started young. My father grew up with dnd got me and my brother into that. I played warhammer, Warhammer 40k, pokemon, yugioh, duel masters, magic, and ufs at differing points in my life. Currently I play warmahine ( go cryx), monsterpocolypse, wow tcg, firestorm armada, exalted, mechwarrior, battletech(tabletop and classic rpg), eclipse phase, l5r (tcg and rpg), shadowrun, and now malifaux (I'm sure I forgot some). As for my paintig I'm to pick about having details just right so I nomally don't like the finished product. So I'll post pictures once I finish my lady justice box and let you decide. As for how malifaux fell into my life. It all started the day before my birthday actually I was at my local gaming shop and the art of the book caught my attention. Yet being that I was without my wallet at the moment I could not purchase it. So I left the next morning I went back (I'm there atleast every other day) and got the book. Started to read the fluff and fell in love. My fiancé tipped off one of my friends about it and when we returned from dinner that night he was waiting with a box for each of us. Him Marcus, I lady justice, and her perdita. So anyway hello to all of you and I hope to see this become a fantastic franchise with novels and all as well. On a final not sorry about my grammer my computers busted this was done from my phone :).